Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Caravan For My Car.

pops1

Hi. I am the owner of a 2005 Corolla Verso 2L Diesel. I went to a caravan sales part today to try and buy a touring caravan for my car, I was told that my gross towing weight was 1100 kg and that he did not have any caravans for sale for that weight and he did not think there was any 4 birth touring caravans for my car. Does anyone tow a caravan with their verso? if so what make and model? any ideas much would be much appreciated, thank you.

I've seen it done, but only a very small one. The Verso is no good for towing weights & to be honest I don't think its brakes are up to towing heavy loads anyway.

I've towed a trailer full of camping gear + bikes on top of the trailer with mine halfway across France twice now & it was fine on the motorways. I reckon my trailer + bikes weighs about 350Kg & the car will tow it at 70+mph all day long (made much easier by the state of French roads which are like a billiard table in comparison to those on this side of the ditch ! :angry: )

• Like 1

I've seen it done, but only a very small one. The Verso is no good for towing weights & to be honest I don't think its brakes are up to towing heavy loads anyway.

I've towed a trailer full of camping gear + bikes on top of the trailer with mine halfway across France twice now & it was fine on the motorways. I reckon my trailer + bikes weighs about 350Kg & the car will tow it at 70+mph all day long (made much easier by the state of French roads which are like a billiard table in comparison to those on this side of the ditch ! :angry: )

not in paris there not,lots of cobbles,that sort your rattles out.

not in paris there not,lots of cobbles,that sort your rattles out.

Paris purposefully avoided at all costs ! :P

The Motorways down to the west coast from Calas via Le Mans are brilliant - hundres of miles of road of the quality of the M6 Toll. Its a disgrace that in a country that's a geologically stable as the UK (i.e. no earthqaukes to speak of!) that our roads are as bad as they are. I drove up the M4 near Reading the other day and there are tramlines an inch deep !

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I am the owner of a 2005 Corolla Verso 2L Diesel. I went to a caravan sales part today to try and buy a touring caravan for my car, I was told that my gross towing weight was 1100 kg and that he did not have any caravans for sale for that weight and he did not think there was any 4 birth touring caravans for my car. Does anyone tow a caravan with their verso? if so what make and model? any ideas much would be much appreciated, thank you.

Hi Popsi

I am e-mailing you as an owner of a Toyota Corolla Verso 2.0 Diesel 2005 having just purchased a similar vehicle without an owners manual which I understand is a coomom problem. There does not appear to be a facility on the internet to download a copy and I wondered if I could obtain a copy from yourself. I will of course pay any reasonable cost and I can be contacted on 0208 778 5350 or by e-mail pgblake @ic24.net.

Best Regards

Peter

Hi I have a 2.2D 2007 verso, My hand book states it will pull 1300 kg I pull a 1996 ABI viceroy 5 burth 22ft long and is 1250 kg max.It pull it with no problems at all. A lot of the new vans are a lot heavyer than some older ones.

Hope this helps Johnn.

• 3 years later...

Hi pops1, try a Lunar Chateau, as Lunars tend to be a lighter weight than most caravans. Yes I too have the problem as a 2.2 D4D seven seat 1100kgs is the max. The caravan club recommend that you only tow 85% unless you are experienced at towing. So either way it's bit of a risk.

Regards.