Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lowering Tsport Seats

JDM baby

Hey guys, my first mod i would like to do to the Tsport is to lower the standard seats!!! Being 6ft doesnt help matters, although some may like the high driving position i'm not so keen :).

Anyone lowered the standard seats somehow? Or am i looking at the costly way of new seat rails + buckets?

I thought you could higher/lower the T-Sport drivers seat? Is there not a lever on the side somewhere?

Can't understand how you are having trouble with it, i'm 6ft 3" and have loads of room in my sr and the drivers seat in that can't be moved up or down. :unsure:

I assumed they've already lowered the adjustable level of the Tsport seat!

Being 6'3 myself, and having both owned a Yaris SR and Yaris TSport, I can confirm that the Tsport is actually worse for taller people. This is due to several reasons.

Firstly the Tsport chassis is designed lower, and has a lip around the sunroof (right above the drivers head!). also the seats in the Tsport are far more supportive and adjustable, and this actually makes the base higher than the thin, uncomfortable SR seats. Also another factor may be the internals of the Tsport seat as it has to encase the side airbags.

Anyway the standard yaris seats leave plenty of headroom, and the Tsport seats leave less, skimming the sunroof lip with your head at the lowest seat setting.

I assumed they've already lowered the adjustable level of the Tsport seat!

Being 6'3 myself, and having both owned a Yaris SR and Yaris TSport, I can confirm that the Tsport is actually worse for taller people. This is due to several reasons.

Firstly the Tsport chassis is designed lower, and has a lip around the sunroof (right above the drivers head!). also the seats in the Tsport are far more supportive and adjustable, and this actually makes the base higher than the thin, uncomfortable SR seats. Also another factor may be the internals of the Tsport seat as it has to encase the side airbags.

Anyway the standard yaris seats leave plenty of headroom, and the Tsport seats leave less, skimming the sunroof lip with your head at the lowest seat setting.

Well that's just put a huge dampener on me changing to a T-Sport! :( I never knew the seats were like that, guess i'll just keep my sr then.

just slouch a bit in your seat, you'll be fine.

i do that lol, then i get back ache at the top of my back :\.

thinking to get some 3 point harnesses! or try and get some cheap bucket seats and rails, which isnt likely!

Have a look on the Demon Tweeks website. You must be able to get something sorted from there as they sell loads of aftermarket seats and rails for almost any car.

:thumbsup: