Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Light And Fitting Streio

gaz119

hello im new to this forum and i have a mr2 turbo be 1995 one but i have just got this yaris on a T plate 1.0 vvti now its done 130k on clocks but the engine is like new , now my engine light has just come on , on the dash and iv not got a clue what it would be like i said the engine seems to run great .

also i want to fit a afdermarket cd player in has anybody got any info on this

please help if you can cheers gazz

Fitted a new exhaust?

Possible 02 or lambda sensor. You will need to plug it in the diagnostics to find out.

There's common issue in older 1.0s of the MAF sensor in the air cleaner box getting dirty. That throws an error code (P1072 or P0172 I think) and puts the light on.

For all the time we had our X reg 1.0, that was the only cause of an engine light.

If you search, there are guides on here to try cleaning it with alcohol spray to see if that fixes it - it did for me - but be careful as you mustn't touch the sensor itself when removing it and cleaning it.

If it is this error code, some find that replacement is the only option, but ours was fine again after a good clean for another couple of years until we sold the car...

I think you can reset the light by leaving the Battery disconnected (that's also covered on similar threads). If you've no easy way to check the code, that might be a good start - clean the MAF sensor, reset the light and then see if it comes back on.....

Regarding a CD player or autochanger - you can probably get some ideas of what's available on eBay.

Found this accessory CD player that integrates into the spare slot under the Yaris radio...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Yaris-CD-Player-Upgrade-Sony-CDX-GT25-iPhone-AUX-/160453188611?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item255bc15c03

There are also many places selling the CD player version of the Yaris radio that you could just swap in the dash...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Yaris-Radio-Single-CD-Player-French-Type-/280556537567?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item41527906df

Or here's an official CD player "add on" unit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-YARIS-ETC-GENUINE-ADD-SINGLE-CD-V-G-C-/260656570281?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item3cb0579fa9

This may or may not fit your model, but there's also a CD changer here if you're quick..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-6-DISC-CD-CHANGER-SUIT-COROLLA-YARIS-HI-LUX-etc-/270626639778?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item3f029acfa2

There are two types of CD changer connection in the back of Toyota radios. One is oblong (like you can see in this picture) and one if round. I think the oblong one is the earlier one but I can't be sure.

I just did a search of "Yaris CD" in eBay and there were these and many others.

Be aware that some Yarii were Jap built (VIN number starts with a J) and some were French bulilt (VIN chassis number starts with a V). There are some differences between the two so be careful when you buy parts and accessories...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links