Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poor Starting

tsara

i have a petrol Amazon 4.0 and intermitantly when warm or hot it will not start [ over fuels ]what could this be,temp sensor,ecu ? can you assist as toyota dealer can not find fault.by the way this is a 1996 model straight six.

• 3 weeks later...

i have a petrol amazon 4.0 and intermitantly when warm or hot it will not start [ over fuels ]what could this be,temp sensor,ecu ? can you assist as toyota dealer can not find fault.by the way this is a 1996 model straight six.

hello mate

try to find and clean an air mass flow sensor - in case it is covered by carbon -- it might be the reason.

cheers/Igor

• 1 month later...

Does your vehicle start to consume engine oil? Try to check your engine oil level if it is leaking into combustion chamber?

My car is Prado Kzj95 diesel 3000cc model, having the same intermitant starting problem (engine warm or hot. After examine by the well experience mechanic, it is confirmed the compression in the cylinder is low and need to overhaul the engine.