Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking After Your Dpf

tubaman

Any ideas if the D4-D DCAT engine uses both Passive & Active regeneration ?

I know it uses Active but not sure if there is an element of Passive regeneration as well. I havn't heard or smelt my T180 regeneration for many months but I do a fair amount of motorway/A road driving so perhaps it is Passively cleaning OR possibly the two small narrow bore pipes leading to the DPF sensor at the back of the engine bay are blocked with soot ?

Any thoughts you diesel D-CAT engine owners ?

perhaps it is Passively cleaning OR possibly the two small narrow bore pipes leading to the DPF sensor at the back of the engine bay are blocked with soot ?

Any thoughts you diesel D-CAT engine owners ?

I think you should stop worrying, you`ll get dash warning lights if theres a DPF problem :)

I worry when I havn't heard/smelt it regenerate in the last 12 months or so - I don't want to wait untill the light comes on & I have a £1000 bill for a DPF replacement to fork out for :)

I havn't heard/smelt it regenerate in the last 12 months or so - I don't want to wait untill the light comes on

It would`ve been on before now if it hadn`t regenerated

• 2 years later...

Its an old thead I know, but its the only one i found that asks the same question i'd like to know the answer too.

Does the the T180 engine Avensis or RAV4 with DPF use Active and Passive, or is it mingled into one big secret ECU program thats saps our MPG?