Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Had 20,000

jerry phipps

Hi everyone

Just had my 20,000 mile or 2 years what ever comes first service at Toyota this Saturday gone. Well actually it's only done 11,850 miles :rolleyes: Had the car serviced at Steven eagell in blechley. And dam what a difference that has made to the way the whole car drives and handle's :thumbsup:

I had the brake and clutch fluid changed and the gear change is so much better not so notchy any more. It's almost 100% better :D The brakes are now really firm and stop the car really fast :thumbsup: Well worth the fluid change which i was at first debating to have done Hence the £65 pounds required to have the fluid change. They recommend this to be done every 2 years as the brakes begin to get soft as the brake reservoir can pick up moister and make the brakes soft.

And you know the best thing of all?? Was that i got gold membership discount :D :lol:

I was really surprised how much money it had taken off of the service considering what i had done to the car. The complete service came to just over £200 pounds. Expensive you may say but just imagine what i would have payed if i didn't have the gold discount :yes:

Need i say more. So come on guys and girls if you have got the spare £25 pounds then i recommend that you join the gold members club :thumbsup: And at the same time you will be contributing to the success of the owners club :thumbsup:

Go gold you know it makes sense :yes:

jerry!!

Good to hear that it made the car handle better..thats quite low mileage too.

I'm very skint due to the deposit for my Yaris which I have partially paid today and the rest I gotta pay when I pick it up :crybaby:

I'm toying with the idea of getting gold membership if it saves money.

Only just bought the car though so it's just been serviced. I am thinking of messing about with it a bit though... eg..

Getting the wing mirrors colour coded

Getting something done about all of the stone chips, scratches and dents

Maybe getting it lowered (seems to roll a lot on the corners) - would this help?

Also was thinking about getting a Roof Rack (3 door version) to carry bikes, but not sure if they'd be all that safe up there.

Is it best to go to Toyota for this type of stuff, or anywhere else, and would there be any discounts?

Ta,

Scott.

Hi everyone

Just had my 20,000 mile or 2 years what ever comes first service at Toyota this Saturday gone. Well actually it's only done 11,850 miles :rolleyes: Had the car serviced at Steven eagell in blechley. And dam what a difference that has made to the way the whole car drives and handle's :thumbsup:

I had the brake and clutch fluid changed and the gear change is so much better not so notchy any more. It's almost 100% better :D The brakes are now really firm and stop the car really fast :thumbsup: Well worth the fluid change which i was at first debating to have done Hence the £65 pounds required to have the fluid change. They recommend this to be done every 2 years as the brakes begin to get soft as the brake reservoir can pick up moister and make the brakes soft.

And you know the best thing of all?? Was that i got gold membership discount :D :lol:

I was really surprised how much money it had taken off of the service considering what i had done to the car. The complete service came to just over £200 pounds. Expensive you may say but just imagine what i would have payed if i didn't have the gold discount :yes:

Need i say more. So come on guys and girls if you have got the spare £25 pounds then i recommend that you join the gold members club :thumbsup: And at the same time you will be contributing to the success of the owners club :thumbsup:

Go gold you know it makes sense :yes:

jerry!!

Hi Jerry,

Mine was in for its 2nd service a fortnight ago and mine too has a low mileage of 11,500!!!

So you obviously had to pay an extra 65 notes to have the brake and clutch fluid replacment is that right?

I only got advised to, they didnt ask if i wanted the work done.......... :angry:

Also, did you have something done under the name of 'Forte Gas

Treatment'? (This was included in my service........)

Lee

Hi Blue84

Welcome to the club mate :group-cuddles: Yes I'm really please with the way the car now drives. It's so much smoother and responsive. Looking forward to going some where far in it mate. You see i only work 1.5 miles away from my house so i really dont get to drive far mate :crybaby:

Hi Kenno

Getting you car lowered would help with the body rolling mate. I recommend that you get TTE lowering springs. Since i have had mine fitted the car now corners more tighter and it looks the dog's :thumbsup: TTE springs are £138 from Toyota dealer ship. Perhaps more now since i brought my ones.

Roof Rack

Go to Halfords mate. I brought a wicked one what fits to the rear of your car and you can put 2 bikes onto your car. The bikes sit on runners like train tracks 2 for 2 bikes and it all locks together securing the bikes to the rear end. Brought this about 2 year ago cost me £100 worth looking into mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Is it best to go to Toyota for this type of stuff, or anywhere else, and would there be any discounts?

There is plenty of discount to be had from main Toyota dealers as well as other places.

There is discount on non car stuff as well and an exclusive Gold only forum.

Can't go into detail but I would say it be best £25 you spend.

Hi lee

So they didn't give you the option of having your brake fluid changed? Strange i thought that would be standard through out the Toyota franchise. Forte gas treatment. Was just looking on a site. Seems like it's some sort of additive to the engine to clean up the emissions basically it's redox.. see here

http://www.zednet.co.uk/hunniball/listings/12.html

Hope this help you mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Thanks for that mate. As it happens thats what i thought it was for, but i cant seem to find anyone else that has had this included in their service.

Do me a favour Jerry, just take a look on your bill (if you still have it) and it should tell you on there what is included within the service........... I think it was about 8 quid for this treatment........

Lee

Thanks for that mate. As it happens thats what i thought it was for, but i cant seem to find anyone else that has had this included in their service.

Do me a favour Jerry, just take a look on your bill (if you still have it) and it should tell you on there what is included within the service........... I think it was about 8 quid for this treatment........

Lee

Hi lee

Just looked on my bill mate they hadn't included that to the service mate. I remember last year when i took my wife yaris in for service they asked me if i wanted that and i told them no. As i knew that it's basically redox. They really should have asked you first mate before they just went ahead and done it mate :censor:

jerry!!

Yeah mine felt so much better after its last service. :thumbsup:

yeah it's a great feeling when your car is performing well dont you think mate :yes:

jerry!!

i had my 50k service the other week and my m.o.t,was ecpecting it to cost a fortune!

but only £120 quid for the both!!!!!Bargain,if u ask me! :thumbsup:

feels much better!

CB

Hi chrisb

£120 for a 50k service and mot thats great :thumbsup: I only hope that when mine comes along i dont have to pay through the roof. Dam September coming is my wifes 1st mot test :fear:

jerry!!

hi Jerry

11k !!! You use you car even less i did :lol:

To the new owner of my car :ph34r: they didnt do a fluid change might be worth doing by the sounds of it.

Hi surinder

Dont worry mate when the weather gets better i will be going to a few meets mate. That will get the miles up :thumbsup:

Jaxx

Cheers mate i hope it will keep going as i have got a few plans for the little bugger :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links