Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

TAZ1878

Hi Guys/girls.

Im completely new to this forum and would appreciate any tips advice.

I am currently looking after my elderley uncles Carina II (1989 1.6 GL) and it will one day be mine (not for sometime i hope). I basically turn it over once a week and bring it up to running temp and also take it for a decent spin about every fortnight. Decided to give it a good blast in the last week as my Citroen C5 needs a new alternator, so took it to Blackpool and Harlech from my home on the Wirral (a total of about 250 miles), have to say it was trouble free and performed better than my own.

Anyway he has had it since new and even got the rear spoiler fitted. FSH from main agents, 100k on clock, all bills etc present and runs like the day it was bought, interior is perfect and apart from some superficial rust around arches and a couple of scrathes bodywork and engine bay are free from rot (I plan to get the bodywork rust sorted).

Now i know they are not worth a lot but my plan is to keep it garaged, run it mainly in summer on days out etc and generally try to bring it up to mint condition so that maybe in a few years it will be good enough to turn up at shows, or arent these things worth the hassle, u tell me. Tips , advice really welcomed,

PS- Really enjoyed driving it, absolute pleasure and if i did not work for the NHS doing 1000 miles a month would be tempted to jib the C5 !!!

Welcome taz the II was a smashing car! Not as technical as they are now, but my father had one after I bought his corolla off him and I was so jealous I traded the rolla in for my own Carina E and the rest, they say, is history!!

Enjoy

Hi Welcome to TOC.

You take the car to any show you like :) Any club that won't let you attend in a Carina 11 is not worth being a member of ;)

The car may not have much of a cash value but it's priceless to you, just because something has no great worth, it does not make it worthless.

Hi Welcome to TOC.

You take the car to any show you like :) Any club that won't let you attend in a Carina 11 is not worth being a member of ;)

The car may not have much of a cash value but it's priceless to you, just because something has no great worth, it does not make it worthless.

Could'nt agree more, i love my carina E the money i've spent on it i'll never get back if i sold it, and it's worth it knowing i have a lovely reliable motor allbeit an old one thats only worth a few hundred but theres a lot to be said for peace of mind when planning a long trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys.

I now have had the bodywork done cost me £250 but worth it when i saw results, will have to post pics. Its now in mint condition apart from one or two minor things with external fixings (rear bumper needs realigning)it looks just like new. Its now goin back in garage over winter to kept tickin over to next spring when will come out from time to time when weather is good. Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links