Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 Litre Questions

Blue84

Hi All,

I'm new here..I've ordered a 1.0 Litre 3 Door T3 today in Island Green..

I've been reading through some of the posts and am a bit worried that the engine will struggle. I've been out for 2 test drives in 1.0 litre new Yaris'..yesterdays drive was really good cos cos me and the Showroom Girl took it on a load of different roads..dual carriageways, Country roads, Villages, Towns etc and it bombed out very well. It'll only be me in the car the majority of the time..I haven't got another half, kids or anything either..I usually only have 1 other person, sometimes 2 others in my present car at once time max anyway.

So anyone that has a 1.0 litre are they decent? The 1.3 is a bit out of my price range at the moment and my present car has given me way too much hassle so it was time to 'upgrade'.

Blue

miss tport has so far had a 1.0gls, 1/3sr and her current tsport.

she ahd the 1.0 for 18mths, and she onyl got rid due to the fact we were doing some large journies and thought that it would kill the engine doing 90mph on our private motorways :)

but as to struggling, never did. I even got it upto 105mph on one of our other private motorways. She used to take passengers in it, and it never struggled. ok, so it couldn't go uphill in the same gear as her tsport, but thats to be expected. Compared to evdry oither 1litre, the yaris rocks. And its little engine, in my opinion is a strong little bugger.

its only draw back, as in most small engines, its more economical at low speeds, round town etc than the bigger ones, but less at high speeds, which was a factor in her getting the sr, which she only kept for 8mths cos i saw a black tsport in the garage and fell in love, told her about it and she fell in love too.

You cannot compare a 1.1 fiesta to it!!! and i will not be the only one to say that. Not only that, add a decent induction kit and not only will it sound good, but let the engine breath a little better, obviosuly you won't get huge amounts of performance increase, but a littel is better than none, and its a cheap mod. When you get more money, you can always go mad and slap a turbo on it. The 1.0 i think used to be around the 68bhp range? i think thats more than enough for general run around.

i'm confused i could of sworn u said u hada 1.1 fiesta????

hmmmmm, my eyes are playing tricks on me in my old age. :arrgg-matey:

Welcome to the club mate! :thumbsup:

I cant imagine you having any sort of struggle from the 1.0L engine......... its a Toyota lets not forget!!!

As far as im aware theres a few members on here that have the 1.0L and to my knowledge have had no probs with the performance...........

Trusts me you'll love it!!! :)

Lee

yeah the 1 litre is an impressive little motor.68bhp and if ya get an induction kit possibly 70 bhp or a little more

Hi Blue84

I remember when my wife had her 1.0 yaris before she moved up to the t sport. That little engine is great. It would motor along all day long. And you have got to remember that its a 1 litre mate and you cant ask for more out of it what it already does fine at. It's strong on pull and with 4 passengers it's still good. You wont be disappointed mate just enjoy it when it arrives :thumbsup:

jerry!!

My partner in crime has a 1.0L Yaris. Just done 20,000 miles, and the engine ( along with the rest of the car) is still sweet.

Yes it's a 1L yes, it's a shy under 70BHP, so we're not talking awesome perofmance here.

However like for like with other 1L engines, I think everyone will agree the Yaris is hard to beat.

My wife gets around 47 MPG out of hers, which covers a range of roads.

I've taken it to the airport before (I'd never leave my TS with those car park attendents)

So one Yaris...two pasengers and a boot full of lugage...not a problem, purrr's along quite

nicely.

I'd only say avoid the 1L if doing alot of motorway mileage, otherwise craacking little car.

vipes

Hi,

I own a 1.0L Yaris (Purchased June 2003). Today there are other little cars that in my opinion will sattisfy you more. The problem I have with Yaris (any Yaris not only mine) is that under 1500 RPM is bit dead, so if you are driving in city slowly in second gear and you need to accellearate a bit you will find that it will struggle a lot. To engage 1st gear you will almost need to stand still. So for the city (for which it was meant to work best) it appears oakward. The same I have observed with its larger brother toyota Corolla 1.3L I owened before. I do not know if it is the gear ratios that Toyota has chosen.

> 1500rpm it is a lovely performer as previous replies to your post, the driving postion very good. For other comments (many also negative) simply visit www.Whatcar.co.uk on this car which are VERY accurate, no need to repeat the same here.

To be honest I do regret bying this car. If I was to buy a small car today I would most propably go for Seat Ibiza or Skoda Fabia. Both are fantastic small cars. If you can afford it you may consider the VW counterparts of these.

The problem I have with Yaris (any Yaris not only mine) is that under 1500 RPM is bit dead, so if you are driving in city slowly in second gear and you need to accellearate a bit you will find that it will struggle a lot.

Hell what car isn't dead at under 1500 RPM? :blink: What kind of performance do you think you are going to get at such low revs? It's a 1 litre mate not a 2 litre turbo :yes:

jerry!!

Hey Blue!

Glad to see you are cutting it with the Toyota elite mate! And nice to know you listen to me when I told you Yarii were the best cars in the world ever!

I'm so chuffed you took my advice and went for your T3 - it'll be the best thing you ever do! :thumbsup:

You know where I am - hey you'll have to come to the TOC meet in Northampton now - I'll be there! :D :D

Em :group-cuddles:

I bought my little 1Litre in 2001 and she is still running sweet, even though shes done 50,000 miles shes been no trouble.

Go for the induction kit i have one on mine it doesnt add much hp but makes the engine sound better!

:D :D :D

i've got a 2litre turbo and its still dead under 1500 revs, thats only 500 above idle, roughly. So, unless you got a twin turbo jobbie, with the smallr turbo kicking in around 1500, then yeah, its gonna be dead before 1500. With mine its even worse, cos no turbo to kick in at that, so if poodling long it 2nd gear and u want some speed, floor it and pray. :eek:

I had the 1.0 auto before my current 1.5 Sportivo. Goes well for the size of the motor and certainly better than my previous car a 1.0 micra.

theres not much you can do to a small motor short of throwing big chunks of dough at it so your best bet is to do up the suspension and make up for the power deficeit by outcornering the big boys.

How common is the 1.5L engine over there. It doesn't seem really powerful here, only about 108HP, but good enough to run the Echo at highway speeds (around 75-80 comfortably) and get out of the way of SUVs that weight 2-3 times as much... Is it tuned for more power in Europe? It seems that I only hear of it in reference to sportier models.

The best 1.0 ltr around by far.

All depends how and where you're gonna be driving though. as said before its not as economical at high speeds. I've had mine for about a year now and it only struggles up a hill with a few big mates in the back hehe.

legend has it the 1.0 yaris smokes the 1.3 ka....

i personally have beaten a few cars with bigger engines.... 1.2 corsa and a 1.2 punto

trust me you'll be more than happy with the little bugger

njoy! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

First of all cheers for the replies everyone..you've killed my little nagging doubt about it now ;).

Everyone who has mods on here has fab looking cars..maybe one day I'll begin to add a few bits but compared to my current 1.1 Fiesta this is gonna be enough luxury! Having a decent sounding CD player will be a big novelty for me..I have a dodgy tape cassette player at the moment and the wire connections don't seem too good.

Get to find out the reg on Wednesday..can't wait.

Am very impressed with the Insurance too..it's not gonna cost much more than what I currently pay so I'm even more impressed.

oh yeah, forogt to say, i took my other halfs car into toyota for some work and had a 1.0 as a courtesy car, was !Removed! fantastic. used to drive her 1.0 but was while ago and forogt how nippy those little buggers are.

1.0 engine in the yaris is a masterpiece best little engine ive ever seen and the bhp/ltr is the highest of any small engine car

had one as a courtesy car 2day it seemed loads quicker than mine,(mines a 1.0l old shape which is heavier but also has a bootful of subs) it drives real different too, but didnt handle aswel as mine ,(i have t-sport springs and 15x7's)

talking of small engines, i've seena little dihatsu charade drivign down the local meet often, and i finally managed to wave him over and get him to take me out in it.

its a 1.0 ltr 3cylinder turbo. tuned as seemingly standard they are no overly quick. i think this one was jus sort of 150bhp not sure what the torque figures are, he alaso had the rar seats removed. this little beasty was quicker to around 60/70mph than my car (scoob) although it spun alittle, it certainly wasn't bad and the road was somewhat damp. I was well impressed. So, little engine means nothing, its all power/weight ratio at the end of the day, and accodring to some website i found (although if you belive parkers, they recon the tsport weighs in at 1400kg, yeah right, thats nearly my car)

Yaris 3-door In production Kerb

1.0 VVT-i 965kg

1.3 VVT-i 980 kg

1.3 VVT-i 990kg

1.5 VVT-i 1005kg

1.4 D4D 1040kg

5-door

1.0 VVT-i 975kg

1.3 VVT-i 990kg

1.3 VVT-i 1000kg

1.4 D4D 1040kg

I've got a 1.3 T3. And the engine upgrade from a 1.0L to a 1.3 was only £300 more from my local dealer

,(i have t-sport springs

those the ones you got of miss tsport aka teri? if so, glad to know they are doing there job, always good to have better handling.