Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My G6 Corolla 4X4 - My Rwd 7age corolla - Page 12

sonur

Hello everyone

Im not shore this is the right place to put this but here goes..

I´ve owned this assom corolla since I was about 18-19years old, Im born in 1986.

243737046.jpg

205676709.jpg

Befor I bought It, It was total stock and It had 1300 4efe 6geardbox and I planed to do something crazy to It,

my original plan was to find a 2.0l 3sfe at a local partshop and buy all 3sgte equipment and install It, and for a year I researched everything about 3sfe and 3sgte and the 4wd equipment to fit my G6 rolla..

213175277.jpg

After that one year I just gave up, because there where no 3sgte 4wd gearboxes where I live and all this things would

have cost me billion trillions to get and ship to me. So back at the begining wanting to do 4wd transplant to this rolla, I took about 6 months away from the thought,

then started again, researching everything about 1600cc 4wd transplant..

In the mean time while researching about what to get for the 4wd settup I swapped a 4age Bluetop newlybuilt and mean that thing was fast biggrin.gif

155690048.jpg

246125075.jpg

246125098.jpg

I Drove It like that for a year then stored it for the winter the time I started the 4wd swap

248429049.jpg

The 4wd swap whas to go with that 4age 16v engine and be able to switch to Rwd mode and make some fun with the car.

So on I went, started to collect all the needed parts for this to work

Bought a vacum diff locked Touring gearbox or Carib in some countrys

224258822.jpg

That little penice sticking up like a thum thats what the vacum canister pushes in to the gearbox to lock the center diff, If locked, theres a easy way to take the front axels out and be Rwd driven player laugh.gif

243737075.jpg

A flywheel and a 6puck clutch whas bought but only the flywheel was installed

243735919.jpg

Then I found this AE111 Wagon 4wd with 1800 7afe engine at a partsale nearby and I asked him If I could buy all the 4wd equipment for my car and he almoast gave It to me If I took it apart myself

224257138.jpg

So I took It home and riped It apart and took only what I needed because I dindt have space for all this stuff. I only took the rear drivetrain complete and the gastank and tha driveshaft, I used my frond drivetrain as It was the same exept for one front axel had the be shorter for the 4wdbox.

257085509.jpg

Well, when the time came to start swapping I thought to myself, will this rolla do anything with 4wd drivetrain, as for the AE10 Wagon 7afe 4wd whas okei to drive and total fun In the winter but nothing more.

I sat down one night and went on eBay, thought I search for something to put on the 4age 16v like Turbocharger or supercharger but the cost of that was same as just buying a 4agze, then I saw these 20v 4age, never thougt they where this assom went on some forum back then and read all about them.. Finaly I just bought a Silvertop for 350$ only the engine nothing else, then I read some more and noone had ever put 20v BT ECU and harness on a ST and told It worked and also beeing 4wd a first, so I desited to go crazy and bought BT ecu, harness, MAP, Turbo intake, T3/T4 turbine, hedders, and all cind of stuff... cursing.gif

The engine came first and looked to be OK

217043412.jpg

Turbo intake

246550788.jpg

And the swap started

257085014.jpg

Fitting the box to the block

257085019.jpg

Harness had to be made

257085504.jpg

And fitting the gearbox with a new toyota van clutch started buzz me

257085024.jpg

Ripped it apart

257085026.jpg

Had to put it on in two peaces

257085011.jpg

Had to grind the back of the block for the Diff housing to fit

257085006.jpg

The finish product

257084996.jpg

257083287.jpg

257083285.jpg

257083284.jpg

Video

It started and drove like a devil, I wanted to start stck and see what It could do,

had fun with It for two months then I moved with my parents to Denmark and went to school there, I had planed to take the rolla with me but I dint have time to prep the rolla for the trip so I left It.

After couple of months I had to sell the damn thing to a 17year old because I wanted to buy

me an apartment at my country to move in to when I came back from DK, wich I never did and I spent all

the monney in other cars I had the same time at home, a nissan 240sx drift car and a Camaro

l.jpg

l.jpg

Also sold all the Trubo stuff I had bought.

Goddamn, selling the Rolla made me miss It so much I just had to have It back, I found the 17year old kid and started calling him, offering him everything but he dint whant to sell It, not In his lifetime he sayd. (me)crybaby.gif

So time went by, I came home, had about 60 corollas and 40 other cars and 3 year flew by then suddenly I had a textmessage, I coulden belive my eyes yahoo.gif 6-7hours of driving let me and my fiance (wich I met while driving the Rolla in the past,so It ment alot to me) to this wonderful place rolleyes.gif

l.jpg

l.jpg

There it is, god it felt good seeing it again and just like I sold it

l.jpg

Parket the dolly

l.jpg

We talket about what had happen to it

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Ready to go home

l.jpg

So heres the story how things whent for the owner, 3.5years in the past befor I had to leave the rolla there whas time to change the oil and filter, never got around to do It and flew to DK, little bit later kid calls me, buys the rolla and I tell him "first thing you do Is change the oil and filter" which he never did and he drove It home to his place about 6-7hour of driving.. the next day picked up his friend drove all day and night and by the time he was out side his house ideling the engine stalled shutup.gif he never had a change, dind know anything about cars and this was his first.....

Ahhh home sweet home

l.jpg

A little funny here, at this time when we got back all me and all my family where going out to USA for almoast two moths for a vacation, I was exploiting of excitement I wanted to go home and get the rolla running again helpsmilie.gif

So befor I went I started the basic stuff, just checking everything in the car

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Everything just a little rustyer then it was when I owned it

l.jpg

l.jpgl.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Well, got back from USA, unpacked and couble of lazy days later started thinking what to do with the motor, I had tried 20v ST, why not go BT just for fun?

Bought Blacktop of a freind of mine

l.jpg

l.jpg

I started disassembling It in my basement to see what I got

l.jpg

The rod berrings on rod 1 had gone a cirkle so that rod was totalled, rod 3 had some minor burn marks

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

went to a workshop with the crank and hat It shimmed or what you call It to 0.25 under

Bought new rod and crank berrings, new OEM headgasget, used 20v BT rods with pistons and ring.

l.jpg

Enjoy and I hope Im at the right trhead to post this beasty laugh.gif

wowee, i saw your video years back when i started into my corolla research and always wondered what happened. i'm glad to have and update and that you've posted up on here so we can all see the marvellous work you have done. i having nothing but respect for the work you have put into this fine machine and it proved to me that 4wd could easily be done.

hats off to you sir and that fine beast.

Thanks for the comments guys, it´s nice to have a good welcome thumbsup.gif

Edit: yeas im running drumbrakes in the back, coulden find 4x4 disks and 4x100 hubs to fit, could fabrikate Nissan GTiR hubs and brakedisks, just taking one step at a time with this beast

On with the show right? laugh.gif

These pictures are spanking new, just took them to day out side my fathers garage

had to show up there to collect some of my 4age stuff and move it into my basement

gstseptemiliaafmli254.jpg

gstseptemiliaafmli255.jpg

So here´s some of the 4age stuff I had to find another place for, been sitting for ages there

l.jpg

About 5-6 4age 16v Bigport engines and loads of heads and more Toyota stuff, I newer throw away anything Toyota related might have to use it later.

Some baskets I bought new 4years ago for the G6, Its about time to use´em

l.jpg

Some exspensive steering wheels and G6 interrior related and some gauges

l.jpg

My basement-restoration-workplace, dosent get any smaller than this, could fit 3 4age engines and 3 emty blocks

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Cant wait to get the rest of the stuff and start assembling the blacktop yes.gif

Enjoy

I think it's 165 against 175BHP....

yes i know, i was thinking bout newtonmeters (Nm) or tourqe?

but my bad, im used to using the metirc system :lol:

I think it's 165 against 175BHP....

yes i know, i was thinking bout newtonmeters (Nm) or tourqe?

but my bad, im used to using the metirc system :lol:

Silvertop is about 160hp does 8300rpm and is about 162NM

Blacktop is about 165hp does 8400rpm and is about 168NM

Put a blower on either one your head comes off :rolleyes:

4A-GTE 20 Valve..... omm nom nom :drool:

Have to say, I always preferred the sound of the 16's. :D

Stock or with ITB´s?

As you know by now I have alot of them and one of my goals is to put a yamahaR1 bike carbs on one of them

and a megasquirt ecu for better fuel and ingition tuning and see what it does with stock internals reving past 8000rpm

seen this?

Check this out guys :lol:

I just found a rough 3min clip of my G6 on my old laptop to day

I edit it and mixed it with the old video and skipped the music

Excuse me in advance for:

whistling alot

brake dust on the wheels

my friends bad Germany after picking him up after Germany class :!Removed!:

Video

Just whatcing the video over and over again I cant help noticing it boging down couple of times

when throttleing, I remeber driving it and thinking why it dint pick up more speed thinking this cant

be the rough 160hp, the things I think boged the engine down like that in throttle and picking up speed

was:

It beeing 4wd, the oxygen sensor or "O2" was not connected so right reading of air/fuel mixture wasent given at the time, the vacum hoses were propably wrong somewhere so power was not right.

More 20v stuff

Im getting ready to untorquein the blacktop head to change the rods, things are cutting close now not much left to do to get this overwith :yahoo:

very nice project

Thanks laugh.gif

Well, been searching for ARP rodbolts and main studs for the Blacktop for over two wheeks.

I found dosent of them for sale or bidd or trades but finaly found a package deal through some guy by

sending him an Email, got them real cheap almoast gived away yahoo.gif

ARP%20Bolts%20Web.jpg

So when they arrive I can finish the Blacktop and swap engines and "blast to palms springs" (Gone in 60sec) yes.gif

But other then that not much more to say, exept maybe.. I traded my Fast And The Furious beater for a BMW E36 equiped with M52B25

l.jpg

l.jpg

Creme brulee

l.jpg

l.jpg

Enjoy will post pics of the Blacktop rebuilt cool.gif

Very nice G6. That's one of the few cars that we never got here in New Zealand. I've always liked the instrument cluster they have, which is identical to the Toyota Carib BZ Touring wagon that we get over here. Keep up the great work.

great project mate, did you have to make a tunnel for the propshaft when you went 4x4?

No the tunnel in these cars are all the same, your´s to.

Ive got a close friend (who imported the blacktop a while back) he has a GSi ´94 black

http://www.live2cruize.com/spjall/showthread.php?13508-Vetrardunder%EDi%F0-Corolla-SI

and he also made it 4wd so this is possible with almoast any model of corolla, just have to

fabricate the mounts for the driveshaft (4 bolts) and weld the mounts into the tunnel

and then make exhaust realy close to the driveshaft.

I´ll show you how when I get the Blacktop in.

The OEM Toyota blacktop 20v headgasket came to day, din´t have time

to go a pick it up today will do to morrow.

ARP bolts I expect to arrive friday and the engine to be assambled and ready on sunday :huh:

IF everything goes as planed...

great project mate, did you have to make a tunnel for the propshaft when you went 4x4?

No the tunnel in these cars are all the same, your´s to.

Ive got a close friend (who imported the blacktop a while back) he has a GSi ´94 black

http://www.live2cruize.com/spjall/showthread.php?13508-Vetrardunder%EDi%F0-Corolla-SI

and he also made it 4wd so this is possible with almoast any model of corolla, just have to

fabricate the mounts for the driveshaft (4 bolts) and weld the mounts into the tunnel

and then make exhaust realy close to the driveshaft.

I´ll show you how when I get the Blacktop in.

The OEM Toyota blacktop 20v headgasket came to day, din´t have time

to go a pick it up today will do to morrow.

ARP bolts I expect to arrive friday and the engine to be assambled and ready on sunday :huh:

IF everything goes as planed...

cheers for that mate, have been thinkin going 4x4 so any advice appriciated