Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My G6 Corolla 4X4 - My Rwd 7age corolla - Page 12

sonur

yes but john your 4WD is a little bit different. i know this as it's my 4WD too, i'v been working on it for almost a year and a half on and off (work allowing), i'll up date in a while.

the ARP studs look a treat, good to be kept updated. my question to you is does the transfer box clear the power steering rack and did you have to use 4WD anti roll bars or were the g6 ones fine?

yes but john your 4WD is a little bit different. i know this as it's my 4WD too, i'v been working on it for almost a year and a half on and off (work allowing), i'll up date in a while.

the ARP studs look a treat, good to be kept updated. my question to you is does the transfer box clear the power steering rack and did you have to use 4WD anti roll bars or were the g6 ones fine?

Answer to questions:

Yes the transferbox clears the steering-rack in the corollas as the steering-rack is bolted to the firewall.

Yes I had to use a 4wd antirollbar for the driveshaft.

So, how you guy´s doing? unsure.gif The plan din´t go as I thought it would, the ARP bolts arrived "to day" and I went to the postoffice and picked it up

l.jpg

l.jpg

And I went to Toyota dealership and piced up my new OEM headgasget

l.jpg

And off to my basement-restoration-workplace where I keep all my goodys and toys for men laugh.gif

Something that has helped me alot in the past

l.jpg

Bought a new compressuregauge tester and a magnet-pen

l.jpg

Im hoping that soon I can start assembling tha blacktop now that everything is in the house mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Time time time!!!

Been working so much and also showing up at school trying to finish my Engineering degree mad.gif feel like it´s taking for ever to assemble this Blacktop engine,, AAAARG!

I realised two wheeks ago that I forgot to have the flywheel and crank balanced together so instead of Blacktoping a little I spent the time fixing my Nr.2 project car, bought it with busted timing belt.

(Some pics, I try never post with out pictures to show)

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Spare 3sfe, I got 3sgte turbo kit in one of my shelfs might use it on this one

l.jpg

The Avensis got 3sfe engine

leather interrior

Automatic transmission

FK lowering springs(FK is the best I´ve come across)

16" (I think Enkei) lightweight alloy rims

Headders and 2" exhaust and 4" muffler

Some brand of alloy intake with what looks to be an eBay filter

And I already got manual transmission and all equipment to transform the Avensis to manual.

Just something for you guys to look at, not realy G6 related sorry for that unsure.gif

You've always got something to do! I like it! :yes::thumbsup:

I'm looking to get some Fidanza Cam Pulleys seeing as they are the perfect blue for the engine :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

3s-fe with gte internals? are the big ends on the crank shaft the right size?

You've always got something to do! I like it! yes.gifthumbsup.gif

I'm looking to get some Fidanza Cam Pulleys seeing as they are the perfect blue for the engine laugh.gif

I had the same idea, just that Fidanza stuff is so exspensive but looks assom

I say go for Fidanza if you have the monney thumbsup.gif

3s-fe with gte internals? are the big ends on the crank shaft the right size?

Well the time I spent reshearcing about the differents between 3sfe and 3sgte MR2 engines was a while back

Here are some of the specs on top of my head

3sfe 86.0 Bore 86.0 Stroke 9.8:1 1998cc age 1993 does not have advanced ignition in the ECU

3sgte MR2 86.0 Bore 86.0 Stoke 8.8:1 1998cc

Pistons:

3sfe have same diamater valves for intake but smaller valves for exhaust so the 3sge and 3sgte pistons have steeper angle for both sides of the valves but 3sfe pistons have same steep angle only for the intake valves

It hasent been prooven (that I know of) that 3sgte og ge pistons fit the 3sfe head with out bending the exhast valves. So Im going to examen that when the time comes.

Cranskshaft:

It´s same diameter and with for main berrings and rod berrings, I´ve seen 3sgte rod and main berring in many 3sfe engines when rebuild and I think there the same, steel not cast iron.

My main reason I bought those 3sgte pistons and rods was becouse a friend of mine that has the only 2gen 3sgte MR2 in my country was rebuilding it for the track and I coulden resist not to buy them from him, I bought all the factory turbo stuff he took of the engine, I was only going to use the rods at first but If I can make the pistons work with the 3sfe head I´ve got a thing going on here drool.gif

Blacktop stuff: I got my hands dirty last wheekend cool.gif Pictures wil be coming soon

Fidanza stuff is really pricey, but I need to spend over £7000 on the Blue Top 4A-GE to get what I want, so it makes sense to me to get whatever the hell I like and not worry about the price. :lol:

So, yea uhm! I hope this is the last time I put it on the dolly, third time is a charm??

God I hope so, just got it moved to my place so it would be shorter distance to it than keeping it

outside my fathers garage blink.gif

Grenade just blew up in here or what?

l.jpg

I feel the winter is coming soon, so many yellow leves

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Project 2 is coming in handy rolleyes.gif

l.jpg

In case you didn´t noticed, I´m really into black cars cool.gif

l.jpg

OK so here´s some of the good stuff I wanted to show you guys that are thinking about going 4x4

l.jpg

This is taken from the rear, you see the gastank divided in two for the driveshaft, look at the narrow tunnel

l.jpg

Here is a zoomed picture of it, now nr.1 is where the driveshaft enters the gearbox, nr.2 I made "L" molding from steel and welded it in to the tunnel then bolded the driveshaft in, nr.3 I clearly welded it into the tunnel but it was only to know where to line the driveshaft but then I never got around to finish it befor I moved to DK. The hole shaft has to go higher into the tunnel to line even more correct and to make more room for the exhaust.

l.jpg

l.jpg

Where the arrows point is a part of the compartment where the spear tire lies inside the car, and for that rwd gage to fit I had to get it away and I didn´t whant to cut it out so I hammered it in a little so later when the gage whas bolted in I could fabricate it back by hammering it closer

l.jpg

I don´t know how, but I traded my FK racing bucked seats for this awesom Suzuki Vitara jeep, looking forward to winter now drool.gif

l.jpg

Hope you enjoy new stuff, I have to make time to start assemble the BT I´m just so busy in school sad.gif

great cheers for the pics bud, have you got any of the front where it goes under the power steering rack cheers john

great cheers for the pics bud, have you got any of the front where it goes under the power steering rack cheers john

Here are two pictures I found deep in my harddrive blink.gif

257085891.jpg

257085903.jpg

And A picture of a emty AE92 I found in google and modified

l.jpg

You whant more pictures I could try take fewe next time I get a chance

name='john905' timestamp='1287513203' post='1055434']

cheers for that bud thumbsup.gif

No proplem rolleyes.gif

So, finaly had some time to rip apart the rest of the BT laugh.gif

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

candy land

l.jpg

Bought a new silly headstud bolt loosener(what it´s called in English)

It´s a 12mm bolt remember that!! I had to crouse all over town to find it..

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

I thougt this engine whas driven over 100.000km but looks to be around 50.000km to me

l.jpg

And I took piston nr.1 out to have a look at the piston rings and oilcrove

l.jpg

Took the head to the shop for headcleaning, now it´s only to find another time to start the assembling cursing.gif

l.jpg

Enjoy

love the project!!! B)

it might be worth using your ST rods as BT rods are not as strong!!

Nice work mate, I am always surprised to see the 20's and 16's share the same block. I would like to have a go at swapping the heads over one day. It's pointless I know but it's the sort of thing I find cool :lol:

Are the standard ITB's as good as aftermarkets? I haven't seen any other engine fitted with ITB'S from the Manufacturer...

name='bigshark' timestamp='1287775907' post='1056253']

love the project!!! cool.gif

it might be worth using your ST rods as BT rods are not as strong!!

Well slight proplem there, I sold the ST long time ago.

Found a assom picture how the driveshaft has to lie under there to fit the exhaust better.

l.jpg

Nice work mate, I am always surprised to see the 20's and 16's share the same block. I would like to have a go at swapping the heads over one day. It's pointless I know but it's the sort of thing I find cool :lol:

Are the standard ITB's as good as aftermarkets? I haven't seen any other engine fitted with ITB'S from the Manufacturer...

It´s not pointless to swap head men, you gain some horses and you gain a know how :D

yea standard is just as good as afermarket, but 16v only have aftermarket to chose from or you can buy on of ST head and have someone make a adapterplate and if your know what you are doing you can makem work with standard 16v ECU and map!

Was trying to find a video to post of a white AE86 with stock bluetop, ECU and harness with ST ITB´s and rolling back and fourth his street fine tuning it to runn better he took a good long video driving some hard trhottleing adventures and it worked so well and the sound gave me chillz :lol: GO for ITB!!!

lol I am getting a set of EFI Hardware ITB's which will set me back about £1250 :o but they are of such good quality I have no doubt that they will be worth it.

those pictures are brilliant useful. i've gone the whole hog and have no spare wheel well now. the power steering rack picture is good to to know that i'll clear that. the thing that concerns me know is my standard front and rear anit-roll bars. the 4wd ones look very different.

those prop shaft mounting tips are very useful too. many thanks.

oh and the suzuki looks very cool

Just want to give a massive thumbs up! As a fellow E11 driver this is truly the ultimate E11 made!

Many thanks for those thumbs rolleyes.gif

Picked up the new cleaned and rensed head (for the new headgasket dont know what it is called in English)

l.jpg

l.jpg

i would recommenend to get the piston rings changed seen as you already got the pistons out! it seems to be a common problem with the BT engines - worn piston rings.

if you are getting forged pistons, why not get some srtonger connecting rods. something like this:

http://belfabracing.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8_2_50

not too expensive either!

you might find this website useful

http://www.tweakit.net/shop/index.php?cPath=326_412_414_707&osCsid=ubf8e70j8qudb2rgc4hnknuhk6

name='bigshark' timestamp='1288649168' post='1058954']

i would recommenend to get the piston rings changed seen as you already got the pistons out! it seems to be a common problem with the BT engines - worn piston rings.

if you are getting forged pistons, why not get some srtonger connecting rods. something like this:

http://belfabracing....ex&cPath=8_2_50

not too expensive either!

you might find this website useful

http://www.tweakit.n...db2rgc4hnknuhk6

Hey, thanks for that info "Bigshark" I thought about this for a while, and last night

I exament my BT pistons and rings carefully and there is nothing wrong with them so

I desited to go for all stock in this rebuild and safe my Bigport rods for some crazy 16v rebuild later

I ones had AE86

243738315.jpg

I used it to rebuild this AE86

244566673.jpg

244566642.jpg

I also owned the only Trueno in my country but tradet all of them for the Nissan 240sx

that you saw on page 1 wich I dont regret because I whanted to go drift but not restore

something for the rest of my life unsure.gif

248430071.jpg

And its on rolleyes.gif Yesterday there was nothing

Today everyhing white.. And I dind´t see a single snowflake fall from the sky, missed it all biggrin.gif

l.jpg

l.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy, not much G6 related exept maybe the Turbines laugh.gif