Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Realised What A Car Diy Novice I Am....!

Big_Dan

Hi guys,

ok it's official, I really am a novice when it comes to all things aftermarket!!!

Thought I would treat the new girl to some upgraded bulbs, sidelights, and thanks to Adam-iQ, now some silver indicator bulbs. Swapping these seems easy enough, getting a diagram from the local parts department to identify all the fixing locations..... It's the daytime running lights that are going to send me mad!!!

I opened them up, and of course, no fitting kit. I started reading the instructions and my brain just hurts now!! Connector blocks, skotchblocks, earth rings, I get.

Lengths of cable with no description of what sort, traces wires and fuse blocks is where the brain goes lala!! I'm going to take them down to a neighbour tonight as he is well into modding his jap cars, so has a lot more savvy then me. If there's any tips that would help I shall buy you all a virtual beer!!

I'm sure all this I've just said makes perfect sense to most.....

Cheers guys

I've actually just spoken with the manufacturer of the lights, there is a wiring kit that should have everything i need in it to wire them up..... I know that's kinda cheating, but I've got to start somewhere i guess!!

Morning all,

Well, after a couple of trips to the shops to buy some connectors, and crimps that I didn't have, I finally managed to wire up the daytime running lights and fit them to the car......

Now as sad as it sounds, I was actually quite proud, as I'm ususally someone who would sooner pay whatever it cost for someone else to do it!!! But turned out to be a good little job to do, saved some cash, and learnt a bit more about the car in the process....

Yes Dan, where are the photo's?

I took a couple last night, but they have come out shocking, driving rain, wind. Today seems a nicer day so will get some when the sun has gone.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links