Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Hybrid Dash Lighting

Gav 18

Hi all,

Picked up my new Auris Hybrid yesterday and loving it so far. I was driving home last night after dark and I noticed that Toyota appear to be a little un-coordinated with their dash lighting colour scheme.

The dials/MFD light up blue/white (nice).

The radio/air con controls light up green.

The steering wheel, mirror adjustments and window winder switches light up orange.

Are there any other Hybrid owners on here who can confirm their cars are the same?

It's like driving around in my own little disco! :yahoo:

That's just Toyota. My celica has orange/amber speedo,rev and fuel gauge, kind of blue-ish green clock, light green display on the climate control and stock radio, then some of the buttons and dials have white, some green, some red LEDs inside... :thumbsup:

My petrol Auris on the other hand is basically all amber. :yahoo:

I think your scheme is right for the hybrid, as far as I remember. :yes:

Hi all,

Picked up my new Auris Hybrid yesterday and loving it so far. I was driving home last night after dark and I noticed that Toyota appear to be a little un-coordinated with their dash lighting colour scheme.

The dials/MFD light up blue/white (nice).

The radio/air con controls light up green.

The steering wheel, mirror adjustments and window winder switches light up orange.

Are there any other Hybrid owners on here who can confirm their cars are the same?

It's like driving around in my own little disco! :yahoo:

Yep, afraid that's the way it is - you do get used to it though. D.

Yep, afraid that's the way it is - you do get used to it though...

this is not a solution; if your dash lights are looking like a disco, you have to solve this problem, replacing all the leds; :yes:

you can perform this job by yourself if you are skilled, in the manner how Alex showed few topics earlier, :thumbsup: or find smb. to sort it out.

Managed to get a pic of the dash. See attached.

Pls could somebody point me in the direction of the thread about changing the colours - I can't seem to find the one Tavy talks about.

Cheers.

post-39015-128393911445_thumb.jpg

...Pls could somebody point me in the direction of the thread about changing the colours ...

this is the topic that shows how to change the leds (thanx Alex for the guide, you're great !); if I where you I would change all the leds in central console, I'd change'em in blue and white.

Thanks. The lighting does look good but I'm not sure I want to pull apart a brand new car! :blink:

Pls could somebody point me in the direction of the thread about changing the colours - I can't seem to find the one Tavy talks about.

Cheers.

it looks like a sea sick cyclops head staring out at you.

but saying that i dont dislike it. but its all down to preferences.

... but I'm not sure I want to pull apart a brand new car!...

I agree with you, wait for a while till you get a little bit bored with it or the warranty period it's over then you can modify anything you want... :yes:

Cheers.

Like it. Personal preferences I suppose

... but I'm not sure I want to pull apart a brand new car!...

I agree with you, wait for a while till you get a little bit bored with it or the warranty period it's over then you can modify anything you want... :yes:

That'll be a five year wait then!

Like it. Personal preferences I suppose

To be fair I don't mind it too much – it’s just a tad disappointing that Toyota can't match a few coloured LEDs together on a 20k car.

Have a look at this forum, it's in Dutch but the pics in the post speak for itselve.

I've posted quite a lot of pictures of my new Auris hybrid, including dash board pictures.

A lot depends of the camera settings, without flash light the dash board lights indeed looks

a bit like a christmas tree, but in reality it's not that worse.

At least it doesn't bother me at all.

Auris hybrid on carclean forum

Have a look at this forum, it's in Dutch but the pics in the post speak for itselve.

I've posted quite a lot of pictures of my new Auris hybrid, including dash board pictures.

A lot depends of the camera settings, without flash light the dash board lights indeed looks

a bit like a christmas tree, but in reality it's not that worse.

At least it doesn't bother me at all.

Auris hybrid on carclean forum

Excellent set of photos, thanks! Same colour as mine will be too!

:blink: Huh... I would probably go all green with that dash... although all blue with an aftermarket radio headunit, would work also. :thumbsup:

So, is it just my imagination, or does the HSD have a stock strut bar in the front? :blink:

Wonder if it would fit a petrol car and how much $$$ it costs as a spare part. :ffs:

I believe every Auris has the strut bar on the front. It's just thinner than the aftermarket ones...

I was driving home last night after dark and I noticed that Toyota appear to be a little un-coordinated with their dash lighting colour scheme.

Had my HSD for six weeks and I hadn't even noticed the difference in colours, shows how much noticed I take :rolleyes: