Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gti 16V

twiny gti till i die!

hi, jus saying hello as i am new the toc, i have a corolla gti 16v, 1990. i have owned this car for 8yrz and i do not want to ever part with it,lol i will post sum pics up soon, the car has been parked in my garage for 4yrz now and i have many parts waitin for me to spray and fit on, i took it for an mot yesterday and as expected it failed on minor things the most of my problems though seem to be getin a trailer arm bush from anywhere else but the main dealer at a cost of £125! any help would be appreciated. i will post some pics up soon of my gti and the items i shall be putin on my gti, and u can give me your opinions? thanx

Hi mate and welcome to the club.

Glad that you have chosen to save it from the scrappies, there are all too few on the road now days. Those that are on the road are rusting away and the ones in good nick are locked in a garage and sold for ££££££

It shouldn't cost that much for a suspension bush, that's stupid. Which one on the trailer arm is it? If it is the one nearest the from of the car then I have a tutorial for you to do that yourself. :thumbsup: If it's the other then things are tougher but I can still help.

You may aswell get a Polyurethane Bush to replace it, better and cheaper. Here is where to get it: FENSPORT

Welding is something pretty well every GTi needs, you should see what needs to be done on mine.... :o

Get some pictures up so we can have a look see. ;)

KP

just looked on the fensport website poly bushes i rekon r gona cost me around £60, gona have 2 work ma way round the misses, lol, thanx 4 the help so far.

or i might jus take you up on your offer of havin your old trailing arm bush if they are in mot passable condition! i am happy 2 pay for postage and packaging no problem.

Awesome.

They seem expensive but you need to remember; 1. They don't corrode 2. They are tougher 3. They last forever.

Which one is it mate? is it the bush on the hub end or the chassis end?

No problem, been restoring mine since I was 14 so I have a decent wad of knowledge with these. :lol:

Awesome.

They seem expensive but you need to remember; 1. They don't corrode 2. They are tougher 3. They last forever.

Which one is it mate? is it the bush on the hub end or the chassis end?

No problem, been restoring mine since I was 14 so I have a decent wad of knowledge with these. :lol:

i am not 2 sure wich 1 it is all it tells me on the failure sheet is off side rear.

You got a lot to do aswell haven't you Leebo?... :( So sad.

il just wait till you finish yours and then you can do mine. FREE of charge :naughty: im still looking for a nice sized lock up to rent over the winter. take her back to metal and start the welding prosess - not sure if you noticed but the rear arches are hanging. and remember Mcsocking your gona be my 1st stop for info and help :help2:

:lol2: That name gets me! :laughing:

You need like £2000 worth of welding just like me! :o :eek:

But I'm more than happy to help mate.. I know where to go for parts, panels etc. I'll be able to help with some bodywork, but my love is in mechanics.

Only problem is, your engine appears to be missing.... I wonder what happened.... :huh: :P

:lol2: That name gets me! :laughing:

You need like £2000 worth of welding just like me! :o :eek:

But I'm more than happy to help mate.. I know where to go for parts, panels etc. I'll be able to help with some bodywork, but my love is in mechanics.

Only problem is, your engine appears to be missing.... I wonder what happened.... :huh: :P

the weldings the easy part for me, every thing i needs at my works yard.... its the mechanics thats gona get me... :in_love: que fluttering eyelash's. :blush: any way i still want the 4a-gz lump.....

ooh you're going for the 4A-GZE!?

I'd help yer out! Fairly straight forward and I've now put the 4A back in about 4 times lol so I know what I'm doing. :D

ooh you're going for the 4A-GZE!?

I'd help yer out! Fairly straight forward and I've now put the 4A back in about 4 times lol so I know what I'm doing. :D

deal....

Start your own thread instead of killing this poor guys thread! :P or PM me :lol:

yeah Mcsockin :offtopic: ive gota start it to make a new thread

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links