Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Turning But No Go ? ?

Kane

hi everyone

i hope some1 out there can help me . . i bought a 00 1.6 (non vvti) avensis yesterday, the ECU, Keys And Circle thing that goes over the ignition barrell all came loose in the car , so i put everything in today and tryed turning the key and it wasnt even turning , checked the fuses under the bonnet and the 100amp fuse for the ALT wasnt in it , so i put that in and tryed again and the engine turned:) but would not start :( there is fuel coming but no spark. i tryed locking the car and unlocking it and leaving the ignition on for half an hour but no luck . . can any1 give me any advice ? ? ?

cheers

hi everyone

i hope some1 out there can help me . . i bought a 00 1.6 (non vvti) avensis yesterday, the ECU, Keys And Circle thing that goes over the ignition barrell all came loose in the car , so i put everything in today and tryed turning the key and it wasnt even turning , checked the fuses under the bonnet and the 100amp fuse for the ALT wasnt in it , so i put that in and tryed again and the engine turned:) but would not start :( there is fuel coming but no spark. i tryed locking the car and unlocking it and leaving the ignition on for half an hour but no luck . . can any1 give me any advice ? ? ?

cheers

hello mate

any petrol smell from tail pipe? or from th eengine? check whwether or not all sparks are dry -- have them screwwd out.

Besides -- what voltage of yr Battery ?? Cheers/Igor

hi everyone

. i bought a 00 1.6 (non vvti) avensis yesterday, the ECU, Keys And Circle thing that goes over the ignition barrell all came loose in the car ,

I think you have already found the problem, why would the ECU, keys and barrell all be loose in the car???

Answer? It's had an issue with lost/stolen unprogrammed keys most likely. Just disconnecting the Battery will not cure an engine immobiliser issue, I suspect that the key/ECU combination is not right and the car is now immobilised. There are a lot of locksmiths out there that can re-programme the ECU/Keys to suit, strangely, your dealer is unable to do it for you

Kingo :thumbsup:

hi everyone

cheers

hello mate

any petrol smell from tail pipe? or from th eengine? check whwether or not all sparks are dry -- have them screwwd out.

Besides -- what voltage of yr Battery ?? Cheers/Igor

ya i can smell petrol from the engine and the sparkplugs are not wet . . its just that there is no spark . if the immobiliser was on , should the engine turn ?

well i dont really mind if i cant get it going because im putting a 2.0td engine into it but it would be nice to drive it the way iy is for awhile

Yes the engine will turn over but it wont start

well thats just my luck . . is there any way to bypass the immobiliser ?

cheers kingo :help:

Nope, but like I say there are companies out there that can reset it all for you.........for a fee

Nope, but like I say there are companies out there that can reset it all for you.........for a fee

well no need now . . i got that annoyed today that the engine is now sitting in a drain after i took it out (of course) . .

took the the loom out, exhaust, fuel pipes :) and have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow doing the same thing but just the diesel loom and engine and exhaust and fuel pipes hopefully willl have it running by monday and il let ye no if ye want . . oh boy ! ! operation transformation no.7 for me . . why do i bring these things upon myself :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links