Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reprogramming Fobs

babsp

My mother has a 'S' reg Rav4...think its sport? Anyway she had to change the Battery and now it won't work...she is having to lock the car manually with the key which is separate from the fob.

The fob is oval shaped with two buttons (top to bottom rather than left and right) and a red LED.

Toyota are wanting at least £50 which I think is a bit rich for a pensioner who has a 'S' reg car!

We have looked at a few websites but haven't managed to get it working...thought we were misunderstanding the instructions but a neighbour tried it and a local car mechanic with no luck.

The car is so old now that she has lost the spare fob back in the day!

Help someone put my mother's mind to rest...

Ta!

My mother has a 'S' reg Rav4...think its sport? Anyway she had to change the battery and now it won't work...she is having to lock the car manually with the key which is separate from the fob.

The fob is oval shaped with two buttons (top to bottom rather than left and right) and a red LED.

Toyota are wanting at least £50 which I think is a bit rich for a pensioner who has a 'S' reg car!

We have looked at a few websites but haven't managed to get it working...thought we were misunderstanding the instructions but a neighbour tried it and a local car mechanic with no luck.

The car is so old now that she has lost the spare fob back in the day!

Help someone put my mother's mind to rest...

Ta!

I'm unable to put anyones mind at rest, but welcome to the forum. Best to copy this to the RAV4 forum section if a moderator (people and/or machines who move things) doesn't shift the topic.

If you search that forum, I think there are instructions on how you can re-synchronise the fob to the alarm system.

The car is not that old either - I have 2 M regy RAVs both just youngsters in a RAVs life history....