Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Passenger Airbag

Zenden

Got a great deal last weekend ...... will post about it when not so pressed for time but just want to check if I have a problem as the manual is not very clear!

When I press 'Start', the cluster display goes through it's checking procedure and the relevant display lights go out as they should however, the passenger airbag panel by the glove box whilst initially going out during the checking procedure then illuminates again after a few seconds and remains illuminated showing the airbag on. Is this permanent illumination/display correct or is it telling me there is a fault in the system?

Thanks

Got a great deal last weekend ...... will post about it when not so pressed for time but just want to check if I have a problem as the manual is not very clear!

When I press 'Start', the cluster display goes through it's checking procedure and the relevant display lights go out as they should however, the passenger airbag panel by the glove box whilst initially going out during the checking procedure then illuminates again after a few seconds and remains illuminated showing the airbag on. Is this permanent illumination/display correct or is it telling me there is a fault in the system?

Thanks

if carrying a child in front passenger seat that airbag has to be turned off.this display is there to advise you that the airbag operative/inonoperative.pity it just lights when air bag is on,better if lit only when turned off.

i am assuming this is the same as my auris,though its never been turned off yet.so dont no if there is a warning when doing that.

have just checked in handbook and there is indication for on and off.

Thanks for the confirmation ..... although does seem to be the wrong way round to me as surely the majority of drivers will have it switched on and logic says that a light should come on if there is a problem :huh:

Thanks for the confirmation ..... although does seem to be the wrong way round to me as surely the majority of drivers will have it switched on and logic says that a light should come on if there is a problem :huh:

Although problem lights are usually red. Orange/yellow are warnings so you are being warned that the passenger air bag is active (so don't put your baby there). I think if you turn it off you get a different warning lught to say the air bag is off. Not tried this - my babies have grown up LOL

I don't get the problem, the light clearly says that the Airbag is on? So why would you think it is off especially when the off picture is not illuminated?

PS. You only need to switch off the front airbag when you have a baby in a rear facing car seat, no need to switch it off when you have a child in the front.