Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox

Cordoba

Hi All

I have a Toyota avensis T4 model 2003, just recently i noticed a weird sound coming from the engine,

when I exchange gears and accelerate it is then the car starts making a noise, it is a kindy of rusty grinding noise

and i can hear slight hissing noise too...I just wanted some views as i was told by a mechanic it is the gearbox but he was

unable to inspect it properly, i am going to get a second opinion but will appreciate it if any of you members have had this experience

of whether this is the case or if it could be bearings, linkage...i'm not sure if oil in the gearbox is at a low level,

if this is the case will this make it any better...or is it the worst case scenario of replacing gearbox? Any ideas of where one should like as there

are so many websites etc..some quotes I have been giving are £450inc Vat reconditioned..

Thanks very much for any help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links