Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reflection On Top Of Dashboard

mason jack

Hi all. Does anyone have a solution to the annoying reflection that occurs during bright sunshine, on the top of the dashboard. When cleaning the interior, i make sure that i don't polish the top, but the nature of the material-charcoal colour, reflects, espacially the slightly raised top of speedo binicle. I have contemplated carefully masking the entire top and roller painting in matt black. Would this do the trick, or look naff?. Many thanks for any poss' solution.

Hi all. Does anyone have a solution to the annoying reflection that occurs during bright sunshine, on the top of the dashboard. When cleaning the interior, i make sure that i don't polish the top, but the nature of the material-charcoal colour, reflects, espacially the slightly raised top of speedo binicle. I have contemplated carefully masking the entire top and roller painting in matt black. Would this do the trick, or look naff?. Many thanks for any poss' solution.

I have had the same problem on all my Toyota's except my current Prius, hopefully I won't have it on the Prius I just bought to replace it!! I even get it on my wife's Aygo!

I've put it down to the fact that I'm tall and my head is simply in the wrong place to avoid the reflection.

I've often thought of putting some black cloth over the top of the dashboard but never got round to trying it.

The problem only seems to occur at this time of year and in early March.

A strip of black cloth does help, secured with sellotape. I think painting it would be a step too far.

I really must try it, will ask the wife if she has any and put some on the drivers side to see if it helps...

hi mason jack,

dont spoil your dash,use polaroid sunglasses,when ptoblem occures.

and you will look cool too.

Could try a large 'gripper'type mat placed on the part of the dash that is reflecting. Alternatively Lidl have similar stuff they sell during their 'special buys' as boot mats. Either of these would mould to the dash and being matt shouldn't reflect

I have the 2010 avensis tourer and never noticed this is my car different in any way?

I'm convinced it's the height of one's head above the seat squab and the angle tha you look through the windscreen. Of course the time of year makes a difference too and the time of day!! So many variables I'm not surprised that some get it and others don't.

Yes i'm tall, so this is possibly part of the problem.I will try a strip of black cloth to see if this does the trick.Many thanks for your replies.

I'm tall as well and I suffer this problem. Really was bad yesterday though, to the point that I was actually unable to see the road and the bends ahead of me! Not much fun at all. I am going to try the "gripper" mat method.

:)

Hi all, I don't have this problem however a possible cause could be....

If the dashboard has had some dash shine products applied to it, this will cause light to reflect off it even more.

What I've done in the past to remove it, simply get a warm damp cloth, spray some kitchen/bathroom cleaner on it and give the dash a good hard rub over.

Test on an inconspicuous area first though.

HTH

Alan

Hi all, I don't have this problem however a possible cause could be....

If the dashboard has had some dash shine products applied to it, this will cause light to reflect off it even more.

What I've done in the past to remove it, simply get a warm damp cloth, spray some kitchen/bathroom cleaner on it and give the dash a good hard rub over.

Test on an inconspicuous area first though.

HTH

Alan

hi I HAD SAME PROBLEM JUST BOUGHT AVENSIS SOMEONE HAS CLEANED DASH WITH HIGH GLOSS DASH POLISH U CAN GET DASH CLEANER WITH A KIND OF MATT FINISH WORKED ON MINE [NOT AS MUCH OF A GLARE

• 2 weeks later...

The Solution. POLARISED SUNGLASSES. They will cut out 98% of dashboard reflection. I find them brilliant for reducing reflections from the dash, and reducing the 'flickering' from driving under trees in bright sunlight. Make sure that they are Polarised, (if you look at a mobile phone screen through them, and then tilt the mobile 90 degrees, the screen should appear black).

Try it, to me it is the only solution, and I drive around 50k per year.

The Solution. POLARISED SUNGLASSES. They will cut out 98% of dashboard reflection. I find them brilliant for reducing reflections from the dash, and reducing the 'flickering' from driving under trees in bright sunlight. Make sure that they are Polarised, (if you look at a mobile phone screen through them, and then tilt the mobile 90 degrees, the screen should appear black).

Try it, to me it is the only solution, and I drive around 50k per year.

ive already suggested this on earlier posting on this subject.simple way to sort problem.

In the Middle East you can buy a sort of black carpet that fits onto the top of the dash, I think more to protect it from the heat as opposed to stop reflections, unfortunately I have never seen them over here, so I guess it's the shades.....