Do Not Sell My Personal Information

List Of Rattles Toyota Are Aware Of ?

flow

Hello All

My Prius is due for its first service in 2 weeks & i wanted to get the rattles sorted out at the same time - namely, left side of instrument cluster & passenger seat, centre console lid.

Through reading old posts on here, i get the impression Toyota are aware about these ? Are there any more ?

Im half expecting to phone up my local dealership with a 'never heard about any dashboard/seat problems before sir'.

I'll feel alot happier knowing Toyota have passed the relavant info/memo's onto the dealerships & the service departments know exactly what to do to sort the rattles.

Thanks.

Would love to know this too

I took mmy car for its first service and had the reverse beeb changed, as well as the passenger seatbelt beeps, but when they looked at the dashboard rattle I was told it is a 2 day job, with the dashboard coming out and may cause more rattles after they have done that!!

Has anyone had this sorted?

I took mmy car for its first service and had the reverse beeb changed, as well as the passenger seatbelt beeps, but when they looked at the dashboard rattle I was told it is a 2 day job, with the dashboard coming out and may cause more rattles after they have done that!!

Yes- my dealer took the car in for a day and the dash has been totally rattle free since. Rattle was on left side of cluster. :toast:

Yes- my dealer took the car in for a day and the dash has been totally rattle free since. Rattle was on left side of cluster. :toast:

Were they aware of the dashboard rattle problem when you mentioned it to them ?

Were they aware of the dashboard rattle problem when you mentioned it to them ?

They wouldn't say!

Surprise surprise -

Booked car in & met with the 'never heard of any rattling seat or dashboard problems sir'

Very worried at what they are going to do to my poor dashboard!

You would think with all the in-warranty rectification work the dealers do to sort these rattles — and presumably charge Toyota for — the latter would have changed the design/manufacture by now. I've been reading the Prius forums since the launch of the Mk 3 and this is a constant complaint from new owners.

Whatever happened to kaizen?

I had a creak in the upper part of the dashboard (T4 so no satnav). I found it was the clear perspex which covers the speedo etc against the surrounding dashboard.

A small piece of black foam pressed into place has solved it!

Thats the problem when you drive such a quiet car! You hear everything!