Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car Today!

Bike Nut

Hello all I took delivery of my new T4 in red today and very very happy!

Already had the comments from lads at work..

Where do you plug it in...

Has it got pedals like a go cart...

That's an old man's car...

Ah well, better get used to it until they all realise what a good car it is.

Lol I know the feeling, I had the same reactions when I bought mine 2 years ago, but the doubters soon shut up when you give them a ride! Faces change amazingly and so do the comments. I ordered my new one today but the people I meet with are used to it now, so I doubt that I will hear the comments again!

Enjoy your car though, they're amazing

That seems polite compared to the abuse I got....Funny thing is though that individually they want to know more ;-)

I still get it off my colleagues :rolleyes:

Here comes the milkfloat.

Hey, you delivering some milk after your shift.

You car looks like an iron! :eek:

etc etc. Showing them my fuel economy figures on the car usually shuts them up though :thumbsup:

Like Don'tExist says above, when they're on their own they come over and want a good look round and ask some thought out questions.

I suppose that any interests good! As you say Grumpy, it's when they come back and ask sensible questions that it makes it all worth it!

There is a lot of interest in the car. A physcologist could explain better than me why people poke fun at the car. What I will say is that I get asked all the time (10 times a day!) about the car, how it works, what fuel economy it gets etc. There is a lot of genuine interest out there.

You still get the odd clown that tries to tell you his Mondeo diesel gets 55 mpg in town which is odd as the official Ford figures don't come anywhere near that!

My cousin always refers to my car as the "milk float". I took a near neighbour of mine for a drive in my Prius a few weeks ago. He was an ex chauffeur and has driven all types of cars. He said he was very impressed with the Prius especially the smooth change from electric drive to the petrol engine cutting in. Still by far the best car I have owned.

Grumpy, as a cabbie you would get more questions than the rest of us, but as you say there is a lot of interest out there. It's just a shame that they are so expensive or I think there would be even more about!

I ordered my gen3 yesterday, delivery 15th Sept lots more techie by the look of it than the gen2, buti'm sure I'll cope :)

And the amount of times I hear the pollution the lithium batteries cost and the energy to build it it etc Ignorance never ceases to amaze me...

Lovely cars though! I'm loving ours, actually got a chap from another forum coming over tomorrow to take a look since he wants one before the VAT goes up and wants to check out a number of options :-) So I need to go out now, got the choice between my pimped up Pickup truck, my Audi quattro convertible but I am going in the Prius...Much more fun thumbsup.gif

Grumpy, as a cabbie you would get more questions than the rest of us, but as you say there is a lot of interest out there. It's just a shame that they are so expensive or I think there would be even more about!

I ordered my gen3 yesterday, delivery 15th Sept lots more techie by the look of it than the gen2, buti'm sure I'll cope :)

Expensive? You're kidding right? lol

The Prius isn't expensive compared to similar cars of similar spec - including an automatic transmission. I'll give you a couple examples of two vehicles I nearly bought before I purchased the Prius;

Prius t3 base model £19,855 HSD auto

Avensis base model £17,055 with cheapest auto £22,575 (TR 2.2 Dcat Auto)

Mondeo base model £17,295 with cheapest auto £22,095 Petrol Auto £22,695 Diesel Auto

To get an auto you pay almost £5,000 extra for it as they usually come on higher spec models.

As you can see, the Prius now doesn't look more expensive if you require an automatic, which lets face it, most people would have if they weren't so much more expensive. ;)

• Like 1

I specced up a ford in similar trim level and came to £29k, and way more to purchase and then to own lets not even start....

Now the Auris I do think is way too expensive for it smaller car class...But yes you won't get a nice automatic and economy in any other car...

Hope u like ur new RED car i had mine since thursday done 250 miles now..

i hope to start work on the 14th then ill be doing super miles.

ps i am getting 57MPG

Hope u like ur new RED car i had mine since thursday done 250 miles now..

i hope to start work on the 14th then ill be doing super miles.

ps i am getting 57MPG

Only 57 mpg? You wait til you've run it it ;)

You still get the odd clown that tries to tell you his Mondeo diesel gets 55 mpg in town which is odd as the official Ford figures don't come anywhere near that!

I've had the last two Marks of Mondeo TDCi just before I got the Prius, a Mk3 6 speed manual which did around 40mpg on short journeys and 58mpg on a run then a Mk4 6 speed Automatic which did 30mpg short journeys and 55mpg on a run. If you compare like for like i.e. Automatic Mondeo with Automatic Prius then Im getting almost double the mpg at 56.5 (calculated, hovering around 60mpg on trip computer) on my short commute and 66mpg (trip) on the last longer run I did and I've only done 1900 miles so it's not even run in yet.

If you compared like for like with any car i.e. Petrol Automatics, I don't know of any other petrol auto that comes even close to giving such mpg on short journeys (exept the new Auris Hybrid of course).

I've had the last two Marks of Mondeo TDCi just before I got the Prius, a Mk3 6 speed manual which did around 40mpg on short journeys and 58mpg on a run then a Mk4 6 speed Automatic which did 30mpg short journeys and 55mpg on a run. If you compare like for like i.e. Automatic Mondeo with Automatic Prius then Im getting almost double the mpg at 56.5 (calculated, hovering around 60mpg on trip computer) on my short commute and 66mpg (trip) on the last longer run I did and I've only done 1900 miles so it's not even run in yet.

If you compared like for like with any car i.e. Petrol Automatics, I don't know of any other petrol auto that comes even close to giving such mpg on short journeys (exept the new Auris Hybrid of course).

You will double the petrol automatics figures in a Prius. A guy at work has bought an Avensis Auto Petrol :wacko: and he gets 26 mpg in town and the best he got on a run was 35 mpg down to Heathrow and back (400 miles). I've tried to tell him to chop it in for a Prius but I don't think he wants to lose face! :lol:

And we haven't touched on residual values yet either! :thumbsup:

Lol I've spent so long with toyota's i'venevereven looked at order manufacturers!!!

I stand corrected...

All valid comments. We all know who will be better off in the long term.

The vast majority of my journeys are stop/start around town and the current car of choice at work is the Insignia 2.0 160 CDTI and on similar journeys the lads at work return an indicated 34-38MPG.

You will double the petrol automatics figures in a Prius. A guy at work has bought an Avensis Auto Petrol :wacko: and he gets 26 mpg in town and the best he got on a run was 35 mpg down to Heathrow and back (400 miles). I've tried to tell him to chop it in for a Prius but I don't think he wants to lose face! :lol:

That is very bad, even my Audi 3.0V6 Petrol Quattro Tiptronic gets 34mpg on my journey from Luton to Farnborough.

BTW RNS Where are all you pictures man!? Or are you out constantly?

BTW RNS Where are all you pictures man!? Or are you out constantly?

thing about pics are.... one i am out alot now its like being a teenager again i not had a car for 16 months great to be out the house.

Two...... the day before i got the car dad thinks it great idea to take a 45 foot tree so the garden is now full of 5/6 ton of wood.... so no place to take pics inside and out yet.

The Prius isn't expensive compared to similar cars of similar spec - including an automatic transmission. I'll give you a couple examples of two vehicles I nearly bought before I purchased the Prius;

Prius t3 base model £19,855 HSD auto

Avensis base model £17,055 with cheapest auto £22,575 (TR 2.2 Dcat Auto)

Mondeo base model £17,295 with cheapest auto £22,095 Petrol Auto £22,695 Diesel Auto

To get an auto you pay almost £5,000 extra for it as they usually come on higher spec models.

As you can see, the Prius now doesn't look more expensive if you require an automatic, which lets face it, most people would have if they weren't so much more expensive. ;)

+1

When I was looking for a family sized automatic hatchback that got great mpg the entry level Prius was the cheapest and had all the options I was looking for. The competition were at least £2000 more expensive. I am well impressed. :thumbsup:

(Although there have been a couple of Prius Price Hikes since then).