Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is There Any Difference In Body Parts Between Gen 1 And Gen 2 Prius

Taz.1942

Hi

I have a toyota prius generation 1 imported car, I was wondering if anyone knows whether their is a difference between generation 1 and generaton 2 body parts and engine parts.

Does anyone know any local suppliers who do imported parts for Gen 1 cars around the North West/ Manchester region UK

Thanks

Considering the Gen 1 and Gen 2 look totally different wouldn't a question about which body parts are the same easier to answer? But even then, they don't look like each other at all....

I think he's meaning the original Japan only NHW10 saloon Prius (1997-2001) and the NHW11 Prius saloon (2001-2003) which was officially sold here and is refered to as the gen1. They do look very similar but are very different cars.

I know you can pick up accident damaged NHW10's for not a lot of money and if body parts are easily interchangeable with the official NHW11 then you've got yourself a dirt cheap hybrid. I have had a quick look at some photos of each car and the front bumpers look different, though the front wings do appear to be similar or indeed the same.

Could Taz confirm which body and mechanical parts he is after, so we can offer better advice?

Have attached a link on Wikipedia which shows some of the specs. Note that the NHW10 & NHW11 appear to have the same engine but with differing compression ratios!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prius

Thanks for the quick response guys. Yeah i mean the difference between the nwh10 and nwh11 cars. I have the nwh10 car which is 1997. and whenever i go ask for spare parts they always come for 2001 model. Can i still use these 2001 parts on my 1997 car. The parts are cv joints and 2 front shock absorbers. will these work on my 1997.

thanks

taz

Probably not, but a few forum members work for Toyota dealers so you might be best waiting for one of them to offer their advice. :thumbsup:

Other than ball joint and shocker problems how are you finding the car? Is the economy good? Does the turtle come on much? Is the Battery ok and have you had the Battery balanced? Apparantly (and I might be wrong here) the original NHW10 Prius needs its batteries balancing by a special plug in module which Japanese Toyota dealers had but are as rare as hens teeth over here. I believe there is a chap in the UK who can do this for you to get the best out of the car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links