Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need More Bhp

Rev it hard

hi i have already got s/s exaust from cat back and k&n typhoon intake on my t sport and i feel like its just not enought horses for me. i just want to know if theirs anything else i can do to it to make it go faster anyone got any ideas

thanks russell

u can either supercharge ur car or Nitrous ur car. Both r expensive lol. I do know some1 who is trying to sell his charger with front mount intercooler and smaller charger pulley, but hes from Hungary

yea i think a charger would do that shot the bhp right up but its hard to find a tte charger and a blitz are over 4k

ummmmmmmmmmm supercharged :drool:

You already have one so shush! :!Removed!:

ummmmmmmmmm supercharged :drool: lol

ummmmmmmmmmm supercharged :drool:

You already have one so shush! :!Removed!:

ummmmmmmmmm supercharged :drool: lol

lol +1 for supercharged

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummy :drool:

Kpj has fitted denso grade 7 to his t sport and possibly noticed a difference?

I believe cams are available from somewhere and you could investigate gas flowing of the head, but believe the t sport head breathes very well already?

Do you run on v power, you could also try adding millers to be somewhere around the 100 mark on the ron rating of the fuel.

Is your maf ok? Perhaps a new one may give you a fresh look on how your car goes.

I run my fl on v power with millers, but have std exhaust and slightly modded intake and can still stay with my bro's focus st(2.5) up to 100mph.

He had it on the rollers last week at 219hp, so its running as it should.

The above obviously are an alternative to forced induction, but worth considering.

Also noticed Fensport offer a manifold for 2zz at around £800 but not sure of possible gains!

Yeh I put Grade 7 Blitz plugs on it and 20W50 Blitz oil in it. The oil keeps it quieter and the plugs helped it pull a little harder which makes all the difference, the oil is awesome but you need to get something thicker for the winter months to help startup. :thumbsup:

2ZZ-GE is a solid engine but Heat soak is a major problem. You really don't want to know how hot the Fuel Rail gets.

The heat is my next enemy on the CTS and I'll report back what I find. :)

2 obvious things Toyota should have done with the T sport;

Second cam come in at 5000 to 5500rpm

Made 6th gear a little taller, I would rather have more economy than top end, 5th gear is good for AN INDICATED 138!

Yeh I put Grade 7 Blitz plugs on it and 20W50 Blitz oil in it. The oil keeps it quieter and the plugs helped it pull a little harder which makes all the difference, the oil is awesome but you need to get something thicker for the winter months to help startup. :thumbsup:

2ZZ-GE is a solid engine but Heat soak is a major problem. You really don't want to know how hot the Fuel Rail gets.

The heat is my next enemy on the CTS and I'll report back what I find. :)

Keep us informed KPJ, I believe the same too, for a few minutes after the second cam will come in my car goes so well. I can tell when heat from the engine is getting into the intake. It has a noticeable effect on the torque below 6000rpm.

One other thing to do is what KPJ is in the process of completing

Modify the EGR so your engine is not pulling hot contaminants back into the combustion chamber.

Catch tanks/CCV sperators are on e bay for around £40 to £50 for a decent one.

I have not done mine yet but expect KPJ to come back and say its made a difference to his!

i was thinking of gasflowing the head and inlet manifold and bore out the exaust manafold. i think it might need some upgraded plugs think they standard in them. but i always put v power unleaded in it but might consider trading it in for the compressor :D

i was thinking of gasflowing the head and inlet manifold and bore out the exaust manafold. i think it might need some upgraded plugs think they standard in them. but i always put v power unleaded in it but might consider trading it in for the compressor :D

I left working for Toyota in late 2003, so never got to have a go in one.

All the people I have kept in touch with say that the compressor does not go that much better than the T sport! But a good one commands a fair bit more to purchase.

You dont get the lift either, that would not be a massive issue for me if the difference was large enough. Quite a few of the early compressors had charger issues, replaced under warranty. Labour wise I can take care of my own car but costs for replacement parts are not cheap.

Thanks for the correction! I make mistakes. :yes:

Yeh I'll have a search for the EGR and tug it out. Then see what the ECU has to say about that.

If this proves useful I'll move onto testing the catch tank, not that I think they make a massive difference, it's more of a bling mod but hey, it does something! :lol:

I'll get to work when I can. :thumbsup:

Getting the Head and I.M. polished up are always good moves to make, just don't go for a mirror finish as the engine needs some turbulence. ;)

Stay away from fuel additives, not that you have mentioned them, and do your best to fill up with the good stuff. :D

I left working for Toyota in late 2003, so never got to have a go in one.

All the people I have kept in touch with say that the compressor does not go that much better than the T sport! But a good one commands a fair bit more to purchase.

You dont get the lift either, that would not be a massive issue for me if the difference was large enough. Quite a few of the early compressors had charger issues, replaced under warranty. Labour wise I can take care of my own car but costs for replacement parts are not cheap.

i get plenty of lift but it just might be me because the people ive took in it says its fast and they got cars like punto turbos and fiesta st but on my next service at 53000 we planning changing the lift bolts anyhow

the easy way,

Supercharge It if you can find one, If you want to keep it NA with as little work as possible.

Look at ppe engineering, go for there manifold or get redliners special edition, run there mid pipe which is 2.5" diameter and continue that size all the way to the rear box. Use a mandrel bent piece of piping over the rear axle or if your militant enough run the piping under the axle.

If you want to keep costs low find a camcon and get it tuned, If you really want to save money and get the most out of it.

Cold air induction and a power FC, If you can get a perfect map with a power fc which is possible you can raise the rev limit a tad to maybe 8400 which is safe on a stock engine you could possibly lower the lift slightly aswell.

Bang for buck which is available is the power fc option, no point doing the cams and everything without standalone management. Any other mod aparts from the PPE header will not be significant enough for you to genuinely feel a big hike in power from what you have. Trust me on this one a friend has a fully built celica running 200whp NA redlining at 9000rpm.

Another friend whos recently sold up did the PPE Header, Camcon and a bit of inlet and exhaust work, He was significantly quicker than me and when we were both stock i was a tad quicker. He could now comfortably gain a car and a half on me.thumbsup.gif

The other obvious thing is weight reduction.

I notice you've listed ICE as one of your interests? It depends which you prefer, having a system in it or going faster. I'd love to strip a TSport out to a Shell and see how well it goes cos the interiors, electric window, airbags etc weigh a ton!

Sell up, buy faster car.

In all honesty though mines quite quick and i've had a fair few quick cars so this leads me to worry that putting an intake on comprimises performance

well im going to do little things first like plugs and lift bolts might get rid of some weight like spare wheel get lighter alloys on the car but like i said it just might be me because i do race for a hobby plus 2 whhels does fell a hell of a lot faster than 4 wheels :P

The CTS suffers from obesity. If you want to go hardcore, get rid of the interior and buy a set of Recaros or Sparcos. Remove the sound proofing and gadgets that aren't necessary.

But if you still want a daily driver, work on the engine and not weight reduction.

Another big problem is Heat Soak, the 2ZZ-GE bakes itself to oblivion and the Fuel Rail gets so hot it scares me that a highly flammable liquid is allowed to get so hot before entering the cylinder. See what you can do in the way of thermal spacers and the like. I'm going to try it with the Intake Manifold at some point and possibly the EGR if I can get round to it.

Problem is I don't wanna mess it up as this is the daily driver lol. :P