Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Easy Listening

GIDDLEPIN

Quickly flicking through the pages, it seems that 95% of the posts are by the same person over and over and over and over....

Surely the whole point of a thread like this is to post a song and then let other people listen to it and comment.... not just post for postings sake.... :rolleyes:

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raistlin

• Bizarra

• cfc1

• dave.m

Top Posters In This Topic

Quickly flicking through the pages, it seems that 95% of the posts are by the same person over and over and over and over....

Surely the whole point of a thread like this is to post a song and then let other people listen to it and comment.... not just post for postings sake.... :rolleyes:

I post videos to share my taste in music, Although few people bother to post or comment.

Look at the read count and note that people still look at my postings despite not contributing.

What is the problem with that ?

I post videos to share my taste in music, Although few people bother to post or comment.

Look at the read count and note that people still look at my postings despite not contributing.

I didn't intend to stir up trouble with a purely teasing post to a Friend :( We both accept that his tastes in music aren't mine, nor are mine his :unsure: I accept that my Posts are not to the taste of many (very few :rolleyes: ) so most of the views must be by peeps who appreciate his taste.

I appreciate that I overposted a few, Ronnie Drew in particular. I posted my latest , Enya, only once because when the video ends there are about 10 + Links to more of her stuff for the interested, if any :lol2:

The title of this topic is "EASY LISTENING"

Several of the videos posted have been far from "Easy" on the ear. :rolleyes:

I feel a forum clean up approaching in order to restore the original intent of the thread :thumbsup:

Not meaning to outstep any boundaries but you should remember that music is a personal preference and that what some people might find to be "Easy Listening" others will not. music categorisation is dependent on mood and taste. For example depending on my mood I would class Slayer as easy listening, and sometimes it would be something like Leonard Cohen. if my mood doesn't suit then certain music will not be easy to listen to.

Personally I feel that people should post whatever music they like here as obviously, to THEM, it is easy listening. And this is coming from a Sound Engineer who has been working with various bands for the past 10 years+ and have encountered pretty much every type of music that there is. If you don't think that some of the videos posted are "Easy Listening" then don't listen to them, but please don't condemn others for their musical tastes.

Easy Listening is a personal opinion, not a definitive genre.

Now here is one that should fit into the board's definition of "Easy Listening". Please allow time to load.

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

This is NOT easy listening, but is a true story of the facts of life in Ireland up till about 40 years ago. Maybe less :( Listen carefully to the words- they tell the story :angry: Christy Moore may not be well known in the UK, but he is legend throughout the Irish Diaspora :thumbsup:

I think what might be apparent more than one persons taste in music can actually be classed as spam.gif, we all appreciate the odd song but to put your entire library is not what I had in mind when the thread was originally started, can I suggest you might invest in an ipod or some other mp3 player if you want to have access to this amount of music.

Following on from Jappy's "This song is quality" thread I thought it might be a good idea to put up songs that grab your attention, not necessarily what is in the charts just what ever rocks your boat at the time :thumbsup:

Heres mine (only because it was in that damed advert and I couldn't get it out of my head :lol: )

This doesn't mention a limit on the amount of posts i.e. "Songs" and yes I do own an 120 Gb Ipod and and 8Gb Blackberry filled with music ( although I found the comment a tad condescending) but that is not the spirit of the idea.

Put up "Songs that grab your attention" was the call and that's what I posted as per your suggestion which I must add I thought was a great idea . :thumbsup:

music is subjective, my tastes run from classical to reggae up to heavy metal.

I make no excuse for enjoying music and I will never see it as SPAM, my only crime was to fully embrace the concept.

Anyone can post, few do....... At no time did I wish to course offence with my musical tastes, Although I note that the Rav 4 music posts run up to nearly 2000 so I still have a way to go.... :D

My Mum passed on on this day last year and Glen Miller was one of her favourites so I make no apology for posting some quality music in her honour.

Following on from Jappy's "This song is quality" thread I thought it might be a good idea to put up songs that grab your attention, not necessarily what is in the charts just what ever rocks your boat at the time :thumbsup:

Heres mine (only because it was in that damed advert and I couldn't get it out of my head :lol: )

This doesn't mention a limit on the amount of posts i.e. "Songs" and yes I do own an 120 Gb Ipod and and 8Gb Blackberry filled with music ( although I found the comment a tad condescending) but that is not the spirit of the idea.

Put up "Songs that grab your attention" was the call and that's what I posted as per your suggestion which I must add I thought was a great idea . :thumbsup:

I make no excuse for enjoying music and I will never see it as SPAM, my only crime was to fully embrace the concept.

Anyone can post, few do....... At no time did I wish to course offence with my musical tastes, Although I note that the Rav 4 music posts run up to nearly 2000 so I still have a way to go.... :D

I will put it clearly then

You ARE spamming and if it continues you will be suspended

Your comments have been duly noted and all my music posts will cease this instant as I have no wish to upset the Management, Mods or Fellow Posters.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Vic........ :crybaby:

• 2 months later...

Just to revive this thread again...

• 4 months later...

1st time I've heard this live.. I think its good, do you?

• 5 months later...

Just to revive this thread again...

Are we allowed I got rebuked the last time this thread was around crybaby.gif

• 4 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links