Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seatbelt Alarm

Mad Blues

Hello there folks!....I'm new to both Yaris ownership and to this forum so please bear with me if the following topic has been done to death! I have a 07 Yaris T Spirit and so far its all 'gravy'!....except for one annoyance, the seatbelt alarm!! I can't find a way to shut it off. Can anyone on the forum instruct me as how to go about the task?....I am an avid supporter of wearing a seatbelt but on the occasions when I have no use for it I would like to not have to listen to the constant beeping sound. Thanks in advance!!

• 2 weeks later...

lately there's been an advert on the radio, it says "seat belts only work when you wear them"

i totally agree with it

where ever you go, no matter how far and quick you go, should always wear the seat belt.

but on the other hand, if you don't want it to go off, while driving, just clip it on while sitting over it (Y)

I can see both sides of this...

Yes you should wear your seat belt...

But to get out of my wife's staff car park, she has to reach right out of the window with her pass fob to operate the barrier and she can't so that with her seat belt on.

So she drives from her parking spot to the car park exit barrier without her seat belt on and puts it on after the barrier. Technically there is a risk that she'll have an accident at 10mph in the staff car park on her way to the barrier and her seat belt might help....

By the time the car gets to the exit barrier the little buzzer is having a coronary....

We'd never drive anywhere on the road without a fastened seatbelt, but I can see that there are times it frustrates people.

(By the way, we have to endure it because you don't get a full 5 star NCAP is you haven't got a seat belt buzzer...)

My other car has an audible seat belt warning but it never bothers me as i'm used to it.

As for being able to switch it off, i don't think you could on the Yaris without a lot of work and hassle.