Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damn It !

S2Sosmart

Driving to work yesterday about 5am ish (Running late which didn't help). Stopped at lights at the top of the slip lane off the motorway. Loud bang behind me somewhere , checked mirrors , opened window & looked around , nothing !!

Gets to work and rushed in (As I said I was running late) and when I returned to the car after my shift and found the drivers side rear quarter had a hole about the size if a golf ball in it !!!

All I can think is either somethings flicked up from the motorway below & hit the window or somethings dropped off an incoming aircraft (I work at Gatwick). whatever it was it wasn't inside the car so it must have impacted obviously bouncing off in the process.

Tried to get a part price from mr T but all parts departments shut about 1230 on a Saturday. So, checked insurance , paid the £75 excess & Autoglass are coming to 'secure' it tommorow and hope to replace the glass 'within' a week. On the plus side. The Autoglass bloke seemed to be quite looking forward to doing the glass because they haven't had the chance to work on many IQ's yet ;-)

Si

:lol: Made me chuckle! Sorry it happened but the thought of the piece of an aircraft impaling your iQ :lol2:

Glad it will be sorted soon though, very odd to have. Do you have any pictures?

Make sure you clean up the glass from the interior as it's bloody lethal...

Autoglass gave me a truly outrageous price to replace my windscreen, £500. :eek: Can get it done for £140 at the garage down the road. :lol::rolleyes:

That's the thing. The only bit of glass inside the car fell in when I shut the door !!

And I didn't mean an aircraft part impaling the car lol. Could've been a bit of ice for all I know ;-) that does drop quite often !! Would be interesting to know what the 'proper' cost if the glass should've been though

Si

hhhm that's odd. :huh:

Ah that makes sense, still, maybe you need a spotter just to sit on the roof or something? :lol:

Believe me, you really don't want to find out the proper Toyota price..... :lol2:

KP

Go on give me a ballpark / roughish / guestimation so that I can thank my lucky stars that I ensured my insurance renewal had windscreen cover on it lol

Si

That puts paid to a thread on here a month or so ago when a member who had some tinting done said the iQ quarters were made of plastic and not glass. You have confirmed they ARE glass

The price of a quarter glass from Toyota is £82.70 but the glass has to be bonded in (a bit like a windscreen) so you would pay best part of £100 for that plus the glass

Kingo :thumbsup:

lol not as bad as I thought. So you really are ageist then Kingo? Just the classics you insist on places high prices.... :angry::lol: ;)

I thought the glass was quite reasonable TBH :lol: I must be used to Toyota prices after 30 + years on the job :eek:

Me ageist KPJ? Not at all...............you young whipper snapper :P :lol:

:lol: The parts I've ordered off you know are the only ones I don't feel violated by! :P :lol:

You should have the details tonight ;)

Don't get me wrong. The price doesn't seem that bad but when it's coming out of my pocket I'd always prefer £75 over getting on for £200 squid

Si