Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Head Unit For 4.3 Rav4

davidisom

Hi, Has anybody on the forum experience of a new head unit to replace the 9004 fitted in 4.3?

If so I would be most interested in any comments or/and advice.

Thanks David

Hi,

Not fitted into a Rav, but I have (in a past life) fitted complete systems into many cars,trucks etc.......

I am guessing you will want to maintain steering wheel functions etc?

If so, Alpine do a good range of stereos with adaptors for steering wheel controls, "stick controls" etc etc...

fitted alot of these to Land Cruisers, Hi-lux, Nissan Navaras etc. All have worked extremely well.

& with a lot of variation....stereo,CD only, single din, double din, DVD players, multi-screen players etc.....

give me some more info on what u have (single din, double din, stalk or sterring wheel control, etc) & what u want....

will see what i can find & recommend.

On RAV4WORLD loads of americans seem to have updated but they all seem to do so as the ipod adaptor meant they lost sat radio!

I really would like to try to find someone in UK Europe hw have swapped out a 9004 for something else.

David

I would lieke to be able to use ipod and get access to album artist and track informatioin and not have to use playlists as this is such a compromise.

I am also interested in keeping a good sat nav maybe TOM TOM is possible.

As I have XT5 I have sterring whell control of phone via bluetooth and do not want to lst this,

The SAT NAV unit installed does not seem to have a extrnal antenna connector is the coax in the loom or is the antenna built in to the head unit?

David

I picked up my first Rav yesterday. It's a 57 plate XTR but it's only got the standard radio/cd. I'd like bluetooth phone/music to work ( iPhone). What's the best idea?

I've seen the parrot mki9200 in Halfords £225 Inc fitting. Or I've seen Head Units ranging from Chinese ones from £315 or second hand t180 units £400+.

Don't want to ruin the look, so I suppose Head unit's better? If they're easy to change!

Ps everything else about the car is fab!