Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bridgestone Duelers

howardm

Hi,

For what it's worth, in my humble opinion.

Bridestone Duelers are rubbish.

I just changed to Goodyear Wranglers.

They hold a tighter line, they don't aquaplane, do have a smoother ride.

The Duelers tried to kill me just once too many times with the aquaplaning.

After riding around on them for 3 years ( original tyres ) they have gone.

(2005 XTR 3dr)

Howard

Never thought much of them either. When my present set of Geolanders are finished I'm going to fit 225/55R17 97W FR TL Continental CROSSCONTACT UHP.

Wow, you must be a millionaire at 180 quid a pop tyres.!

£133 each corner from a very well know supplier.

Hi Howard

Which Wranglers did you go for as there seems to be a few different types (F1, AT/R, AT/S, HP, etc) as I need 4 new tyres soon and am unsure which ones to go for?

Thanks

Dave

My Toro's are only lasting about 25K -anyone tried something from the Michelin stable?

Hi,

I have a set of Michelin Lattitude Tours ( 235 x 65 x 17 ) fitted to my XT5. The handling is superb and the road noise is a fraction of the Geolanders. Michelin don't do 225 wide in 65 x 17 but the 235's seem to reduce the speedometer inaccuracy. Only been on for 2k miles so have no idea about the life of them. I think Robert6390 was the first to fit them so he is the one to ask about life.

Hi Howard

Which Wranglers did you go for as there seems to be a few different types (F1, AT/R, AT/S, HP, etc) as I need 4 new tyres soon and am unsure which ones to go for?

Thanks

Dave

Mine are HP's 235-60-16

They look a a little wider than the Duelers, maybe it's just the tread has wider grooves.

I was also recommended Pirelli Scorpion ST's, but couldn't see them in the flesh, so chickened out of that one.

Howard

Hi Howard

Thanks

Dave

Mine are HP's 235-60-16

They look a a little wider than the Duelers, maybe it's just the tread has wider grooves.

I was also recommended Pirelli Scorpion ST's, but couldn't see them in the flesh, so chickened out of that one.

Howard

I had a set of Scorpions on a Discovery several years ago. I was glad when they wore out and wouldn't buy any more at the time. Like everything else, tyres change ( I doubt that Michelins will last as long as they used to! ) so modern Scorpions might be fine.

I've always used Michelin's on my Discovery and they usually last about 40k on the front and 50k+ on the back. The tyre names and tread patterns change but they've all lasted about the same. Getting my first Rav on Friday, they said they'd put new tyres on if the others were less than 3mm, but I don't know what I'll get if anything!