Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Pedal Vibration

Corolla Glynn

If anybody has a solution for this please advise!

Above 4000 rpm when changing gear, getting a nasty vibration through the pedal.

Not there below 4000rpm.

Been thinking it may be the pipework for the clutch slave which crosses the gearbox?

Cannot be the clutch itself as fitted a complete new unit 2 weeks ago and still doing it!!!!

If anybody has a solution for this please advise!

Above 4000 rpm when changing gear, getting a nasty vibration through the pedal.

Not there below 4000rpm.

Been thinking it may be the pipework for the clutch slave which crosses the gearbox?

Cannot be the clutch itself as fitted a complete new unit 2 weeks ago and still doing it!!!!

Did you get your flywheel sanded or what you call it in English, balanced with the new clutch set?

That has coused a vibration in couple of my own cars when changing to a new clutch set in the past but they wherent racers I dint mind that vibration.

one of the springs sounds like its broken/dislodged, at 4000RPM the centrifugal force pushes it out and you get your out of balance vibration. I wouldn't like to drive it round like that.

my clutch pedal does this, but it's not a violent vibration and doesn't hinder the actual action of changing gears. it usually happens between 3500rpm and switching cams (5600rpm). my driving style means i rarely change gears between these points anyway - when i'm taking it easy, i usually only rev to 3500rpm at the very most the whole way through to 6th, or if i'm pushing on, i'll obviously be changing gears closer to 8000rpm. it's been like this for over 18 months now, and it's never caused me any problems...

my clutch pedal does this, but it's not a violent vibration and doesn't hinder the actual action of changing gears. it usually happens between 3500rpm and switching cams (5600rpm). my driving style means i rarely change gears between these points anyway - when i'm taking it easy, i usually only rev to 3500rpm at the very most the whole way through to 6th, or if i'm pushing on, i'll obviously be changing gears closer to 8000rpm. it's been like this for over 18 months now, and it's never caused me any problems...

ok, that sounds strange, what year is the rolla and what engine you got in it?

If it would be a broken spring your would hear this violent sound when clutching so it cant be a broken spring in the clutch exept if its broken but hasent fallen out, then I doubt its the cous.

have you change clutch befor? and you know how much torque and in what order to tourque the clutch pressureplate?

Did you unbolt the flywheel and bolted it back on?

just narrowing down what could cous this.. :huh:

All done properly. Changed the clutch as the release bearing was toast. The vibration was there before the clutch change and is still there after the clutch change. Got to be fair and say it spoils the car really, further investigation needed but work and normal family stuff is taking all my time at the moment.

Guess I was spoilt by the car I had before, seat leon tdi cupra which I had spent almost 10k on, hybrid turbo, sachs organic clutch full magnex, decat Jabba map 220hp 400lbft and 169000 miles when I sold it. What a car........................ 60 to 100mph in fourth took 7 seconds! Maxed out at 160 used to laugh when flashing latest model 265hp S3 out of the way at 130! Still love the T Sport though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links