Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Gen 6 Induction Air Filter Kits

ECCLESRP1

A QUESTION 4 ANY1 OUT THERE WHO CAN GIVE ME SOME ANSWERS ... THE STANDARD AIR FILTER BOX ON GEN 6 SUCK AIR FROM LOW DOWN NEAR WHEEL ARCH BEHIND FOG LIGHT DRAWING IN COLD AIR .. SO WHY DO ALL THESE INDUCTION KITS HAVE THE AIR FILTER UP NEAR ENGINE SUCKING WARM AIR ... LESS EXPANSION OF THE AIR , HOW CAN THIS GIVE MORE POWER , MORE INDUCTION NOISE YES , BUT LESS POWER ,,, WELL THATS HOW I SEE IT ...

They offer far better flow rates and filtration, depending on the elements they use. :thumbsup:

CAI kits are good for racing where you want to ram as much cold air up through the system, however it reduces engine response and torque because there is so much extra tubing for the air to travel through.

SRI is good for increasing engine response and torque but is prone to heat soak at lower speeds, unlike CAI. They are also cheaper!

MANY THANKS 4 YOUR ADVISE ..... SRI SOUNDS THE BEST 4 ME I THINK ... BUT IF I MOUNT IT OVER WHERE THE OLD AIR BOX WAS SHOULD IT IN B RIGHT IN SAYING THAT IT WILL GET COLD AIR IF I LEAVE IN OLD AIR BOX PIPE THAT LEEDS 2 NEAR WHEEL ARCH

No problem.

With every car I have worked on, that pipe leads behind the bumper to a box with no inlet! :o Which is stupid.

But you can fit CAF which is Cold Air Feed and it is a tub that rams cold air up to the SRI kit. ;)

i put a kn panel filter in my st205 , made a canny improvement , without the fuss.

A QUESTION 4 ANY1 OUT THERE WHO CAN GIVE ME SOME ANSWERS ... THE STANDARD AIR FILTER BOX ON GEN 6 SUCK AIR FROM LOW DOWN NEAR WHEEL ARCH BEHIND FOG LIGHT DRAWING IN COLD AIR .. SO WHY DO ALL THESE INDUCTION KITS HAVE THE AIR FILTER UP NEAR ENGINE SUCKING WARM AIR ... LESS EXPANSION OF THE AIR , HOW CAN THIS GIVE MORE POWER , MORE INDUCTION NOISE YES , BUT LESS POWER ,,, WELL THATS HOW I SEE IT ...

hi,I fitted a k&n 57i to my st. It came with a flexi hose that drops down through the under tray, this forces air straight to the filter. It's only 1.8 but did see a slight improvement.

Hi, I fitted a K&N 57i to my st. It came with a flexi hose that drops down through the under tray, this forces air straight to the filter. It's only 1.8 but did see slight improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

Another issue as i have found out since fitting a hybrid turbo that now sucks better than pamela anderson is the breathers they both go into the intake pipe and not only deliver hot air into your intake spoiling your efforts of a high flow filter or cold air box but chucking in oil vapour 2. the effective mod for this is catch tanks 1 for each pipe

• 2 weeks later...

WHERE DID U GET THAT K&N AIR FILTER FROM ... MANY THANKS

hi, sorry have'nt been on for a bit, got kit from www.performance-filters.co.uk/k&n. the product code for st is K570502. Free delivery on them just now,good luck!