Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Got My New Yaris D4Dtr

DIZZYDAT

Hi All

Well just brought my new yaris home d4d tr 60 plate.

Could someone tell me about the stop start mode, have been trying to get it to work with no joy, what am I doning wrong?

Is the Stop -Start fitted to the diesel??

If it is fitted, the conditions have to be correct before it will operate...........Engine above a particular temperature.....Battery with enough charge......Outside air temp above a certain level......etc.

Should all be described in your handbook supplied with the car!

Optimal Drive doesn't mean much as far as I can tell; You get a slightly better tuned engine (10-20hp more) and an extra gear. I'm almost certain it doesn't mean you get Start-Stop; When there were still more than 2 Yaris models, they all had 'Toyota Optimal Drive', but only the T-Spirit had start-top IIRC.

Unfortunately, I don't think the D4D had Start/Stop for the same reasons they don't use diesel engines in hybrid engine cars...

I think only the 1.33 has Start-Stop; the D4D has a DPF as its 'TOD' feature I think...

I think we need PK to confirm either way tho', esp. with the new model TR as I'm not sure what features that even has!

I apologise: my post above was incorrect..

From Toyota:

"Stop & StartSpecified with 1.33-litre VVT-i petrol Yaris, Auris and Urban Cruiser models, Stop & Start saves fuel and emissions in urban conditions by seamlessly stopping and restarting the engine at lights or in stationary traffic. This helps to boost combined fuel economy by up to 18 per cent.

"

So it would appear the OP can't get it to work as it does not exist..

RTFM!

Well you learn something new every day...

So having read the Toyota UK web site very carefully....

"Optimal Drive" refers to a retuning of the engine management system to bring improved fuel conmsumption and reduced CO2 levels and is standard across the entire range. (They have changed the engine mapping....)

"Stop / Start" refers to the new system that automatically turns the engine off when you stop at traffic lights - and is only fitted to the 1.33 manual gearbox models.

Its not available on any other Yaris model.

"Keyless Start" refers to the system that used to be fitted to T-Spirit models (and 2007 SRs) which allowed you to automatically unlock the car as you approached it without using the keyfob and allowed you to start the engine by pressing a "Start" button on the dashboard (with the key still in your pocket or handbag) instead of putting the key into the ignition lock.

This option is no longer available on any Yaris model.....

Optimal Drive is not one thing but a whole series of updates including lighter componants/engine/transmissions, lower weight, greater rigidity etc etc

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links