Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Roof Rail Removal Instructions

atm23

The time has come to hand back my 2006 Rav4 :-( as the lease is at an end.

I fitted roof rails to this that now need to be removed, but i can't find the original fitting instructions anyhwere although i do have all the original hole caps etc.

Does anyone have the instructions or a few tips on removal, as i remember once the plastic caps are off its easy but I cant see how to remove them !

Many thanks

Go to the Toyota TECHDOC site and download the instructions ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks Kingo, I have the fitting instructions now, in Russian and English ! unfortuntely I'm no further on in removal of the end caps, the instuctions shwo them being fitted with the back end being pushed down last but they wont budge by prising the end up and I don't want to damage the caps or the car.

Does anyone have any tips on removal, apologies if i have missed this on the Toyota site.

many thanks

They are just tight. Just ease a screwdriver with a thin end in and prize them off. Get a step ladder and lean over the top and do it towards you (mind you don't stab yourself). That way if you make a little mark the new buyer won't see it.