Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Imported Fortuner- Needs Heater Fitting

caymanfortuner

I have just imported my Fortuner to UK when I moved back. I bought it new in Cayman Islands, but it was manufactured in Thailand. Have succeeded in getting it registered here but having problems finding information on heater parts needed. Official Toyota in Thailand just informed me it was not designed to have a heater fitted! But I sure there must be a way to do it. It is a 2006 Fortuner 2.7 VVT-i petrol automatic 2TR-FE. My local Toyota garage are willing to try to fit it if they can find out the parts needed. I would really appreciate any advice anyone can offer regarding the parts or the process. Many thanks.

I think you hit the nail on the head when Toyota Thailand said it wasnt designed to have a heater in it!

There wont be a direct kit to put in, so you are going to have to cobble something together, it wasnt designed to have a heater so you wont find any instructions for doing it. The cost of buying all new heating parts from any model would not make it viable so you will have to look at getting parts from a scrapped car and try to fit. There is a lot to consider in the way of parts, heater unit, radiator, hoses, dash controls etc etc etc

I get asked similar things from cars imported from around the world, it is possible, but not without a lot of hassle and expense

Kingo :thumbsup:

wot about installing a heavier alternator/bigger output, then using an inverter to produce 240V for a fan heater??

Or even better, underfloor/carpet heating using low wattage heating elements run off a battery/inverter? Heated seats; a hair dryer hooked in below the dash to fast flow hot air over the windscreen?

Fitting the heater and hoses is easy enough - its getting the controls sorted.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links