Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trd & Tte

Bong Water

This stuff is confusing, i'm once again left to think the UK are left out of the loop just the same as the UK Honda's and the !Removed! and Americans get the best bits

TRD, theres a US TRD and a Jap TRD, both supply aftermarket parts for Toyota but do they have an affiliation with Toyota, IE are the parts Toyota approved?

TTE, these guys used to make European Toyota aftermarket parts but changed their name to Toyota Motorsport GMBH or something like that, but they now dont seem to supply any aftermarket parts??

Also, how come TRD supply intakes and other interesting bits and TTE just seem to do Aero parts apart from an outsourced Remus back box!? I found a few interesting TRD bits such as a hard intake pipe that replaces the rubber on for the intake on the 2ZZ-GE, it said something like "this intake pipe along with back box increases BHP and Torque and also increases sound" it was broken english and I cant find the link now :(

TRD is Toyota Racing Developments and they don't have an affiliation with Toyota as such. They are not Toyota Approve Parts. (Woops this is wrong, thanks for the correction NFC ;) )

TTE was Toyota Team Europe and they shut down due to the recession. :(

Toyota Racing Development (TRD) is under the control of Toyota and is available in Japan and USA, TTE or Team Toyota Europe as it was know was part of the F1 Motorsport division in Europe and a seperate company from Toyota Japan. As we all know, TTE or Toyota Motorsport as it was later know, died along with the Toyota F1 team. Some TTE parts are still available but as they become less popular, then you will find they will be dropped from the catalogue and you wont be able to get any TTE parts

Toyota Europe do not control TRD so have no input with the company so it would be up to TRD to decide if it is to operate in Europe, I assume they would need some sort of franchise setup in Europe and in these hard times it might not be a good time to invest in the huge expense required to stock a warehouse and infrastructure in Europe

Kingo :thumbsup:

Ah thats pants, so where would people obtain a TTE back box then? Would they have to go to Remus or ring round local Toyota garages?

Ah thats pants, so where would people obtain a TTE back box then? Would they have to go to Remus or ring round local Toyota garages?

If I knew what car you had I could get a price for you :rolleyes: Model N/A doesn'nt give a lot away :lol:

PM me the registration number and I will get back to you if it's still available

Kingo :thumbsup:

Kingo is definitely the guy to talk to about TTE parts :) Too bad for you though Bong Water as I sold a Remus exhaust yesterday!

TRD is Toyota Racing Developments and they don't have an affiliation with Toyota as such. They are not Toyota Approve Parts.

KP = Fail

Other than TRD being Toyota's in house tuning company for many years.... they obviously are not connected to Toyota in any way....

:bag:

:P :lol:

Well why do they sell pattern parts and not Toyota parts?...

And I tend not to get my stuff from them, my dad does. ;)

TRD is Toyota Racing Developments and they don't have an affiliation with Toyota as such. They are not Toyota Approve Parts.

KP = Fail

Other than TRD being Toyota's in house tuning company for many years.... they obviously are not connected to Toyota in any way....

:bag:

:P :lol:

Just goes to show some people don't know it all even though they think they do.

And at what point did I say I thought I knew it all!?

Ok, I made a mistake. I was wrong about something. Strangely, humans tend to do that.

So what is your problem with me ed? :huh:

And at what point did I say I thought I knew it all!?

Ok, I made a mistake. I was wrong about something. Strangely, humans tend to do that.

So what is your problem with me ed? :huh:

No problem, nothing wrong with a little harmless joking :wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links