Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Now That Toyota Dont Sell New Cars

Rick D4D

Well I was in my local Toyota dealer around 4 weeks ago and due to the T180 warranty running out at the end of OCT and the poor MPG I asked the salesman about the Auris Hybrid, now if the figures and price is right I am 99% certain we will go for a new car so I explained this to the salesman. Well Arran (the salesman) said he was very busy for the next 2 hours as the regional manager was coming over but that he would sort some figures out and get back to me later that day or the next day, well 4 weeks later we have heard nothing so it now appears Toyota don't sell new cars any more so on Sunday we dropped into Honda and test drove a CRZ, well the best word to sum it up is very impressed and shocked.

The Good Points

MPG was a lot better than our T180 diesel and so was the low down acceleration, we found the car more than capable up to 70mph but will say that in 6th gear at 50mph overtaking would not be great with out dropping down a few gears. We found the handling and ride to be very good and sharp along with the brakes and was shocked at how good and responsive the car was even in normal mode (especially when you know it is only a little 1.5 engine)

The Bad Points

Unless you are 4ft tall the back seat is no use or ornament, and this maybe a small niggle but coming from a car with key-less entry and ignition I would have preferred the same as we never take the key fob out of our pocket.

Would We Buy A CRZ

Well the simple truth is we would in the GT spec but unfortunately Honda don't seem to do any good offers or deals on these so the answer is No, if Honda had some good offers (0% finance etc) then we would be talking figures now and not typing this.......

The salesman (Brent) did say that he feels around February there will be good offers on these and if so will give us a call as to be honest we feel this could be our next car.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rick D4D

• Parts-King

• T Sport 1978

• boozehound

That's sad that the dealer you went to could not be even bothered to get back to you, but worry not,that could work in your favour! :yes:

Drop a line to the dealer principle, explaining exactly what you have said on here, even about test driving a Honda. You could even be a little sarcastic and ask would it be possible to have any even extra special deal? Worth a go me thinks

The salesman might be looking for a new job at Honda next week once the DP gets hold of him :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

That's sad that the dealer you went to could not be even bothered to get back to you, but worry not,that could work in your favour! :yes:

Drop a line to the dealer principle, explaining exactly what you have said on here, even about test driving a Honda. You could even be a little sarcastic and ask would it be possible to have any even extra special deal? Worth a go me thinks

The salesman might be looking for a new job at Honda next week once the DP gets hold of him :lol:

If you want to provide the relevant details for Ron Brooks Mansfield I may look at it but to be honest my Wife (who uses the car the most) has now said after driving the CRZ that she is not that bothered about an Hybrid Auris now as we have had an Auris before.

I would be telling them anyway, there is nothing worse than that sort of poor performance TBH Ron Brookes run a tight ship usually so something they should know about

TBH if they wanted our money they would get back to us, it seems they either

1. dont sell new cars now.

2. have plenty of money

3. think we are wasting their time but I will point out we nearly bought a T180 of the same salesman in Jan 09 but he was a little over priced and would not budge in the end I travelled 20 miles to Inchape Toyota and got the same car but 3 door with the sat nav, 1 month newer but 9k more on the clock for £2k less.

Well you would think all of the above! Nothing like giving the boss your honest opinion, then tell him you have a Honda :lol:

I don't put up with that shoddy sort of attitude any more, I tell whoever I'm dealing with if I get poor service, I also tell them when somebody has given good service too as that is also very important. I recently wrote to a very large sportswear company to tell them about their shoddy staff in a brand new store they opened. I got a letter back saying they could'nt be rrr'sd if I liked their store or not! great service eh?

i went to buy a auris 2 weeks ago and i told the sales man at copcutts in worksop how much i wanted to pay, he said a brand new sr would be £298.45 pm, i told him i only wanted to pay £260pm so he tried very hard but couldnt get it down as the car was over £17000 with the extra i wanted. i told him i was going to look at a vxr corsa where he then told me about this demo he had, cut it short, i got a 1.6sr face lift model for £12200 and was only 6 months old with 3k on the clock, he also filled the tank up 2 which was a bonus, the salesman was very helpful there but only cos my wife as had around 5 toyotas from there and so as the mother in law

i went to buy a auris 2 weeks ago and i told the sales man at copcutts in worksop how much i wanted to pay, he said a brand new sr would be £298.45 pm, i told him i only wanted to pay £260pm so he tried very hard but couldnt get it down as the car was over £17000 with the extra i wanted. i told him i was going to look at a vxr corsa where he then told me about this demo he had, cut it short, i got a 1.6sr face lift model for £12200 and was only 6 months old with 3k on the clock, he also filled the tank up 2 which was a bonus, the salesman was very helpful there but only cos my wife as had around 5 toyotas from there and so as the mother in law

When i bought mine in 2008, I got my 1 year old 4000 miles on the clock T180 for £13495 with very little effort.

To me that was a bargain at the time.

Well I was in my local Toyota dealer around 4 weeks ago and due to the T180 warranty running out at the end of OCT and the poor MPG I asked the salesman about the Auris Hybrid, now if the figures and price is right I am 99% certain we will go for a new car so I explained this to the salesman. Well Arran (the salesman) said he was very busy for the next 2 hours as the regional manager was coming over but that he would sort some figures out and get back to me later that day or the next day, well 4 weeks later we have heard nothing so it now appears Toyota don't sell new cars any more so on Sunday we dropped into Honda and test drove a CRZ, well the best word to sum it up is very impressed and shocked.

The Good Points

MPG was a lot better than our T180 diesel and so was the low down acceleration, we found the car more than capable up to 70mph but will say that in 6th gear at 50mph overtaking would not be great with out dropping down a few gears. We found the handling and ride to be very good and sharp along with the brakes and was shocked at how good and responsive the car was even in normal mode (especially when you know it is only a little 1.5 engine)

The Bad Points

Unless you are 4ft tall the back seat is no use or ornament, and this maybe a small niggle but coming from a car with key-less entry and ignition I would have preferred the same as we never take the key fob out of our pocket.

Would We Buy A CRZ

Well the simple truth is we would in the GT spec but unfortunately Honda don't seem to do any good offers or deals on these so the answer is No, if Honda had some good offers (0% finance etc) then we would be talking figures now and not typing this.......

The salesman (Brent) did say that he feels around February there will be good offers on these and if so will give us a call as to be honest we feel this could be our next car.

Recently I am taking a close interest in the Lexus ct200h, hoping to get some idea of cost soon. Realised that the Auris is not going to last the number of years that I was hoping for.

When i bought mine in 2008, I got my 1 year old 4000 miles on the clock T180 for £13495 with very little effort.

To me that was a bargain at the time.

When we bought ours at the height of credit crunch in Jan 09 we got a 15month old T180 with the optional extra with 15k on the clock for £11k, we was happy with this.

hybrids are !Removed!, unless you go for the big ones, like the lexus 600h, thats a lovely car that is

Nice to get a qualified unbiased opinion of a product that has been driven by you so that you can give us the benefit of your experience, Nice one ;)

hybrids are !Removed!, unless you go for the big ones, like the lexus 600h, thats a lovely car that is

Nice to get a qualified unbiased opinion of a product that has been driven by you so that you can give us the benefit of your experience, Nice one ;)

I just think someone is trying to come out of the closet, bless.

dont be soft, im a roman catholic, i despise homosexuality. Im just saying that hybrids in small hatches are pointless because as clarkson has rightly said, a diesel will be much better. A hybrid in a big saloon or 4x4 i would totally go for so long as it was bolted onto a big engine

dont be soft, im a roman catholic, i despise homosexuality. Im just saying that hybrids in small hatches are pointless because as clarkson has rightly said, a diesel will be much better. A hybrid in a big saloon or 4x4 i would totally go for so long as it was bolted onto a big engine

Maybe your choice of words in your first post was a bit unfortunate as you are a self confessed homophobic! :lol:

The whole point of the modern small hybrids like the Auris and Honda CRZ is that they do NOT have a big gas guzzling engine fitted, but a smaller economical engine to compliment the electrical drive system :unsure:

im with jeremy clarkson on small hybrids, they are pointless.

I did not think that he was gay! :eek::lol:

dont be soft, im a roman catholic, i despise homosexuality.

WOW it has surfaced from the VW owners club :)

May I suggest that in this day and age you can not discriminate people because of their sexuality, before you ask I am not !Removed! and don't wish to try it but just because you are !Removed! does not make you a bad person or someone to despise. If you cant make a sensible comment then just keep it simple and share it with the VW club and not here.

So if Jezza says they are pointless they must be! It's a well known fact that if it isnt a V8 or 15 million BHP that good ole Jezza wont like it, so I won't lose too much sleep over that inane comment. Hybrid is a bit more than just a straight comparison to petrol/diesel, yes a small diesel may be able to offer good MPG but what about the particulates it produces in our towns and citys?

If you made that statement under your own steam I could live with it, but to quote JC and have us all believe there is no alternative is just plain daft

Hybrid is a bit more than just a straight comparison to petrol/diesel, yes a small diesel may be able to offer good MPG but what about the particulates it produces in our towns and citys?

The particulates are no longer a problem as they fit a DPF to sort this out but then the problem is that on short cold journys the MPG is a around 25% lower hence an Hybrid will hammer it all the way.

Yes I understand that but even with a DPF, particulates are reduced, they are not zero.

A Hybrid has the ability to run on ZERO emissions in cities

Well i believe in my own religion which looks down on homosexuality as it is against God. Your welcome to have your own opinion and if you get along with homosexuals then thats your own thing, just dont expect me too. Jezza does not think that all cars under 15million hp are rubbish. Jezza believes that a Ford Mondeo is still the best family saloon on the market so he cant be that bad. I remember when they tested the toyota prius on top gear and all they got out of it on a enviro run was 43mpg and jezza quite rightly said a diesel would do better. Also, we have to consider the not so envriomentally friendly way hybrids are made, not to mention the materials they use in their construction, for example the Battery which powers the hybrid electric motor i believe is quite, shall we say crap as in terms of envromental friendliness.

Well i believe in my own religion which looks down on homosexuality as it is against God. Your welcome to have your own opinion and if you get along with homosexuals then thats your own thing, just dont expect me too. Jezza does not think that all cars under 15million hp are rubbish. Jezza believes that a Ford Mondeo is still the best family saloon on the market so he cant be that bad. I remember when they tested the toyota prius on top gear and all they got out of it on a enviro run was 43mpg and jezza quite rightly said a diesel would do better. Also, we have to consider the not so envriomentally friendly way hybrids are made, not to mention the materials they use in their construction, for example the battery which powers the hybrid electric motor i believe is quite, shall we say crap as in terms of envromental friendliness.

Ahhhh!.....I get it now! :yahoo:

YOU ARE THE NEW STIG! :eek:

Is that why you show such hero worship for Mr Clarkson?? :lol:

lol hes not my hero but i do admire him. I mean his success is undeniable. He is probably the most experienced and respected car journalist on british television. Only the likes of Quentin or tiff can come close to his experience or capabilties.

lol hes not my hero but i do admire him. I mean his success is undeniable. He is probably the most experienced and respected car journalist on british television. Only the likes of Quentin or tiff can come close to his experience or capabilties.

Maybe it is just "Male bonding" in your case then? ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links