Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Warrenty. Watch Out!

TWINWOOD

Hi all.I took my Verso to Central Tyres recently to have 2 front tyres fitted.After they had been fitted the friendly operative informed me that if I got a puncture or needed a replacement tyre the work would be carried out free of charge within a 12 month period. What great service I thought, it was only when I got home and checked the bill I noticed that I had been charged £4.50 plus vat per tyre for this service.At no time was this mentioned to me, it was just added to the bill, anyway to cut a long story short I returned and asked for my money back which I got.I can't believe how stupid I was to be caught out like this.So next time you have your tyres replaced watch out for the 'Tyre warrenty' and remember the old saying'if it looks to good to be true,then it probably is.

Hi all.I took my Verso to Central Tyres recently to have 2 front tyres fitted.After they had been fitted the friendly operative informed me that if I got a puncture or needed a replacement tyre the work would be carried out free of charge within a 12 month period. What great service I thought, it was only when I got home and checked the bill I noticed that I had been charged £4.50 plus vat per tyre for this service.At no time was this mentioned to me, it was just added to the bill, anyway to cut a long story short I returned and asked for my money back which I got.I can't believe how stupid I was to be caught out like this.So next time you have your tyres replaced watch out for the 'Tyre warrenty' and remember the old saying'if it looks to good to be true,then it probably is.

Lets just hope that you do not get any punctures or need any replacement tyres in the next 12 months!

The price that you paid will be small compared to the repair/replacement costs.

Sometimes it is difficult to put a price on "Peace of mind" that insurance gives you ;) :D

I agree you should have been given the option of buying "tyre insurance" and you could probably have argued that it was mis sold to the FSA. However as someone who has had a nail through a new tyre within the first mile of having it fitted, it sounds like a good idea.