Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unichip Fitted!

pizza boy

Ended up being two hours late(long 20 min eh jimlad heh!) but DastekUK were cool. They told me they will set the boost and map to a level which they decide is safe after its been tested on the rollers (took 6 hrs). The guy that done the job is a mapping guru. His names Gerry and he was ECU man for WRC Toyota team and actually taught Dino at Owens Development to map. He knows the 3SGTE inside out which is a major plus and naturally this meant they are the best guys for the job.

Their readouts are always at the flywheel and they have a brilliant RR. Its a little box room which is maintained at a steady 7 degrees and they even have external fans to point at intakes etc too. Their RR method is much better than normal RRs( which involves holding the rpm for an age and a day at a set level to generate results=greater engine strain). They run thru gears to 4th to get the results(like you would in real life).

Me car results are 301bhp and 281lb/ft at 17psi of boost. Estimate 0-60 in late 4s and 1/4 mile in mid-late 12s. Gerry actually ran it at 18psi 310bhp 294lb/ft and the engine handled it completely fine but it was agreed I didnt want a cooked clutch so 17psi it was. They said it is probably the highest result they have got off a stock mr2 with basic zorst,induction and de-cat and its due to the engine being in top notch condition and well maintained. Almost always rev3+ will generate max 290bhp and 270 lb/ft @ 17psi with the same mods(pays off eh?).

My result before the Unichip was installed was still an impressive 260bhp 245lbft. Thats only with the zorst,induction and de-cat.

The accelleration is utterly monstrous now and I made a cocky scooby look like a complete slug on the Mway back..it feels amazing too..like a new car! Spools up much more agressively and faster and best way to put it is 5th feels like 4th and 4th like 3rd etc.

I personally recommend any one to em they are true pros and have a very friendly attitude...the are right next to the Forth Bridge in dalgety Bay business park.

Well I had a choice...G-Valve = £25 or Unichip for £470. I can honestly say I have more reliable power at 17psi than I would have with a G-Valve. And its much more efficient + I know im not going to blow up and also its taking advantage of my mods and i can now setup for WI+NOS. I intened to keep the car for a long while so I only want the best for it. If I was going to sell it soonish I woulkd have gone for the G-Valve and not really cared what I set the PSI at and left the repair bills for the next owner :) .

Yea I think you did well with that mate :thumbsup:

I'm going for a g-valve for now as I'm skint but I would like to work my way to a Unichip in the fututre. At least with them you can get it set up every time a change is made for optimization.

Sweet :D

Nice power gain :) In fact damn nice power gain :) :)

Thanks dudes :thumbsup: . I am well impressed by Jimlads gains too. I did not think he would acheive over 260 but he is now proof a Rev1 can do it provided its in condition (his is a very low miler)270+with270+lb/ft is kick *****.

Jimlad get changin your wheels to 15s!

15" wheels make a big difference actually.

The ride is so much smoother as compared with 17's... but 17's look the part.

Hopefully will near match your figures soon mate. :)

Unichips r Cool !!... :D

cool well done. next stop forgies and 850cc injectors? come on you know you want more power i, know i do

I made a cocky scooby look like a complete slug

i should !Removed! hope so. i have a scoob, and 301bhp and 281lb/ft at 17psi of boost is far more power than i'm putting out, with 4wd loss too, so i would not hope to keep up with you on a motorway. however, from start on a wet road would be a different story. Scoobs are not fast, unless heavily mod'd.

peronsally i say more fool the cocky scooby owner, cos no one should b cocky, less we sell out jap makes and all get bmw's. :lol: I'd rather wave, yeah a litle race is all good if its safe to do so, and then if time pull over (obviously not on a motorway) and have a chat, i'd wanna loka t you car. Infct, this is exactly what i done when i had a play wiht a local guy with a mr2. i think hes runnig aroundthe 250ish mark or so he thinks no idea of torque, but its considerably slower than mine, so maybe not running as high as he hoped. And the end of the day, we all got jap cars :yes:

:thumbsup:

oh forogt to ask, can u lighten the flywheel on the mr2? i presume you can get 3rd party ones. As long as you dont go stupidly light then i would highly recommend it from my experience on the scoob and my other halfs on her yaris stport. On its own, thers a difference, but with what you've done, obviously it would be far greater.

the unichip's made a huge power dif to the tubby's. wonder what the n/a's will fare like?

me thinks this is defo penciled in for a future mod. also u got any new pics of ur car w. the new kit/respray on jim? or havent u had that done yet...

-Z

200bhp...N/a with dastek, mongoose & apexi filter. Aidy's?? car. The dyno plot was floating round awhile ago. Come the end of may i'll tell you what it can do to a n/a with:-

TODA forged racing pistons - TO BUY

HKS 264 cams - TO BUY

HKS metal headgasket - GOT

ARP headstuds - GOT

HKS adjustable cam pullys - GOT

MAGNEX decat - GOT

MOCAL oil catch can - GOT

BLITZ SUS - GOT

THERMOTEC Wrapped manifold - GOT

:D :D :D :D fair bit more than 200bhp i think

No longer Aidy's car .. it's Gemma's .. And it's about 200bhp from what I remember ..

peronsally i say more fool the cocky scooby owner, cos no one should b cocky, less we sell out jap makes and all get bmw's.  I'd rather wave, yeah a litle race is all good if its safe to do so, and then if time pull over (obviously not on a motorway) and have a chat, i'd wanna loka t you car. Infct, this is exactly what i done when i had a play wiht a local guy with a mr2. i think hes runnig aroundthe 250ish mark or so he thinks no idea of torque, but its considerably slower than mine, so maybe not running as high as he hoped. And the end of the day, we all got jap cars

Yes the UK spec models are slower than thier paper figures such as the bog 2.0 Turbo and RB5 etc(the older 1994-99 models). The WRX is more like it with 280bhp but I have 2 mates who have owned and sold thier Subarus(one was a stunning white WRX un full STi kit, uprated i'cooler, boost contler,de-cat,Blitz NUR zorst...the other grey RB5@250bhp@fly)I beat them both when I had 260bhp@fly with stock boost. The tranny+clutch got buggered on both of em eventually and they flogged them last year.

Im not havin a go at scoobys its just there is loads of them about(especially in Glasgow) and they always ALWAYS tail me to make me race.

I consistently kept surging aways from a red supra TT on monday night (just know he had zorst doubt it was tuned any further)raced on mway for 18 miles it was a great laugh. In the end he claimed at the lights he still had his limiter(errr even tho we hit 140 <_< ) suppose he had to tell his bird in the passenger seat something about why the little white mr2 is faster :lol: .

Well its all fun and games now but I ph43r the clutch bill and replacement brakes costs :(

Im not havin a go at scoobys its just there is loads of them about(especially in Glasgow) and they always ALWAYS tail me to make me race.

well, if its all in good humour and as safe as you can make it then all good fun, but if they ae trying to be pratts, then they deserve to have the smile wiped of their faces. Same goes for any car in my opinion. Sadly, many scoob drivers to believe that its the fastest car in the world, but we aren't all like that. And the bmw's still way out number on on that score. :lol:

:thumbsup:

the unichip's made a huge power dif to the tubby's. wonder what the n/a's will fare like?

me thinks this is defo penciled in for a future mod. also u got any new pics of ur car w. the new kit/respray on jim? or havent u had that done yet...

-Z

the car's actually going in on Monday. So 1 1/2 weeks later i'll have some pics etc. Should be sweet.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links