Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Atf Oil Steering And Transmission

rabihm

Hi All,

I newly bought a Toyota rav4 v6 2007...

I need to know where to check for the transmission ATF oil? I couldn't find any bottle for that...

Could it be that the same ATF oil is used for the transmission and for the steering ?

Any help will be much appreciated

Rabih

Hi Rahib - and welcome! The RAV with the V6 engine is not available in this country ( - pity some would say! ). We are always happy to hear from you guys across the pond - several call in regularly - but you might find the US version of the organisation more helpful in this instance. Have a look at: http://rav4world.com/forums/index.php?sid=68ab7a53124a758d4fdeb801a0701a64 and see if they can offer you some relevant help. Several of our TOC UK members belong there as well and find them a really helpful and friendly bunch. :thumbsup:

Hi Rahib - and welcome! The RAV with the V6 engine is not available in this country ( - pity some would say! ). We are always happy to hear from you guys across the pond - several call in regularly - but you might find the US version of the organisation more helpful in this instance. Have a look at: http://rav4world.com/forums/index.php?sid=68ab7a53124a758d4fdeb801a0701a64 and see if they can offer you some relevant help. Several of our TOC UK members belong there as well and find them a really helpful and friendly bunch. :thumbsup:

Sorry Rabih - should have put my spectacles on when reading your address :!Removed!: OK, you are at the other end of the Mediterranean, but the US version of TOC is still probably a better bet for the V6 model.

There is usually a dipstick and you fill it through the dipstick tube.

Thanks... so this dipstick is the streering system... I guess the transmission fuild must have another way to check it from under the car

thanks again

No there is a dipstick for the transmission oil and you fill the gearbox through the same tube.

so, a dipstick for the transmission fluid,

and a dipstick for the streeing system fuild ?...

I can just find 1 ATF dipstick... (the other one I can find is for the engine oil)

so, a dipstick for the transmission fluid,

and a dipstick for the streeing system fuild ?...

I can just find 1 ATF dipstick... (the other one I can find is for the engine oil)

The car has electric power steering - no fluid!

All I am saying is the usual way of filling the transmission is through the dipstick tube. As your car is really a US version can I suggest that you ask the same question on the US site;

http://rav4world.com/forums/index.php

:thumbsup: