Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Warranty Question

achico

Hi,

I might be getting my Avensis 1.8 petrol T4 fixed under the 7year warranty cover for the burning oil history.

I have a full service history, but my last 2 stamps were from friend of the family who runs his own garage. I have to check with him in the morning but I don't know if he is VAT registered. Does anyone know whether or not my warranty will be made void if he isn't? He's always used genuine parts.

Thanks

Hi,

I might be getting my Avensis 1.8 petrol T4 fixed under the 7year warranty cover for the burning oil history.

I have a full service history, but my last 2 stamps were from friend of the family who runs his own garage. I have to check with him in the morning but I don't know if he is VAT registered. Does anyone know whether or not my warranty will be made void if he isn't? He's always used genuine parts.

Thanks

hi achico

sorry,but being vat registered is a must,along with using genuine parts,and carrying out sevice to toyota schedule.you must have receipts etc to prove this.

Hi,

Thanks

hi achico

sorry,but being vat registered is a must,along with using genuine parts,and carrying out sevice to toyota schedule.you must have receipts etc to prove this.

Well, I`ve done my own servicing in the past and used Toyota genuine parts; never interfered with two warranty claims I made.

The answer isnt as clear as you might think. You should always use genuine parts and have it serviced to the manufacturers recommendations. BUT Toyota have the power to say yes or no to a policy claim. If they thought that you were lets say, trying to make up a service history, no receipts, no garage stamp, fudging questions (I'm not saying you are doing this by the way) then they might reject the claim, they could also reject a claim if lets say your receipt said your service garage had used the wrong grade of oil, lets say 20/50 and this MIGHT have contributed to making a claim. I doubt it will actually matter much in this case as it is well documented problem, but it's Toyota's decision and nobody elses. You best get a claim in quickly too as most of these engine jobs are coming to an end!

Kingo :thumbsup: