Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq In Crash

nevica

Hello,

I am sorry to bring this up. I am an IQ owner myself and think that it is an excellent car.

But I cannot help wondering what it would be like in a crash. I know it has a multitude of air-bags with give it a NCAP 5 crash rating. But the car is only 860 kg.

Has anybody been in a crash and if so now did the IQ fair. Any other info would be most useful.

Thanks,

Nevica

Hello,

I am sorry to bring this up. I am an IQ owner myself and think that it is an excellent car.

But I cannot help wondering what it would be like in a crash. I know it has a multitude of air-bags with give it a NCAP 5 crash rating. But the car is only 860 kg.

Has anybody been in a crash and if so now did the IQ fair. Any other info would be most useful.

Thanks,

Nevica

The NCAP 5 rating is not solely obtained as a result of the multiple airbags fitted.

NCAP ratings are achieved after multiple crash testing and side impact tests where the passenger cell has been proven to retain its shape with negligable damage to the occupants.

The rating also take into account pedestrian safety in the event of a collision

I would think that the IQ will give you as much protection as most modern cars and more than many!

IIRC they faired well in the NCAP hence the 5, with very little warping of the chassis and body/frame.

I am lead to believe that it is a very safe little car. :yes:

Hi there,

Best advice I’ve heard - Don’t stop too quickly if there's a 40 ton lorry closing in on you. :eek:

Hi there,

Best advice I’ve heard - Don’t stop too quickly if there's a 40 ton lorry closing in on you. :eek:

Read up on the Laws of Thermodynamics, especially Conservation of Momentum. ;)

I've got the same concern whenI purchase the car and I trend to believe this car is safe due to the NCAP rating and 9 airbags design.

However crashing test done by NCAP only test the impact on the passenger by hitting the car to stationary objects.

Test of collision between two cars were not in consideration.

I still believe a heavier car with have advantage when collid together with a small car such as IQ.

My prediction is...

The passengers in a big car with 5 stars rating crash onto a big car with 4 stars rating, then the passengers on the 5 stars one will clearly have higher survial rate.

However the passengers in a big car with a lower NCAP rating could have higher survival rate than the passengers in a 5 stars ECAP rating small car if they collid together.

Hi there,

Best advice Ive heard - Dont stop too quickly if there's a 40 ton lorry closing in on you. :eek:

Read up on the Laws of Thermodynamics, especially Conservation of Momentum. ;)

Funny is often not funny when analysed. (Hooke friend of Newton?) :bookworm:

They don't like lorries reversing into them..... Mine has been off the road for 4 months as a bit of lorry jammed itself between the crash bars on the front & took out the radiator and AC condenser, caused it to overheat and the worlds worst insurance company (QBE, the lorry drivers one) has taken so long to do anything that my car has spent more time in the garage being bodged than I've had it for!

Kate