Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheel Lock Nut Key

Pheadd

If you have the 4 digit key number in the box the nuts came in you can buy another, if not, you will have to replace the set!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hello,

Can anyone body help- I have lost the wheel lock nut key of my avensis local shop not helpful.

What can i do?

There is no number in the box cant get nuts off to replace them.

You can get the nuts off with a bit of brute force, your local garage will have done this plenty of times, you need a steel punch or similar and hammer just to undo the nut

Kingo :thumbsup:

Gee whizz - don't go down the hammer and chisel route not good for the wheels espcialy if they're alloys - talk about a crazy crude solution.

Tyre dealers and many breakdown services deal with this scenario on a daily basis. You can buy a special lock nut removal socket from about a fiver upwards but it works best with an impact driver. Apart from paying Mr T's or his distributors prices it is possible to by quality after-market nuts or bolts and many decent tyre dealers are more than willing to help you out with both problems. Why pay through the nose when you don't have to.:)

Try your local Mr T dealer. The one that I had the misfortune to work for recently, had full set of keys in the workshop. It was just a case of taking the car in and trying the nuts until one fitted. Note the number and go to the parts dept and order a new one. Alternatively, try a company called Evo Automotive Solutions.

Unit 7, Denbigh Hall

Mlton Keynes, MK3 7QT, England

Tel: 00 44 1908 64 65 66

Fax: 00 44 1908 64 63 62

Company Registration No. 3695798

sales@evoautomotive.co.uk

As long as it is not the three pin type, then take a good quality close up photo of the nut and send it to them. They should be able to recognise the pattern and send one to you in return of some payment. :thumbsup:

Keith

• 1 year later...

hi,

i seem to have a similar problem. i have managed to break the safety wheel lock nut key, and chip off one of the wheel locks while trying to remove my rear wheel.

luckily i still keep the original box from the wheel locks so i still have the key code (which has 8 digits in my case???). however i'm not sure where should i order the replacement from??? the local dealer is not of much help!

could anyone point me where should i order the replacement nut key, and a wheel lock?\

thank you!

vlado

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links