Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Mr2 Owner Needs Basic Help..

thedubman

I just bought My first MR2 (about 2 hours ago) and I need to ask a dumb question..

It is a J reg (1992-93?) MR2 G-LIMITED with 100k on the clock.. My problem is I cant work out how to open the engine cover, I can open the boot, and the front bonnet (latches by drivers footwell and near drivers door) and I also see a lever on the steering coloum (as well as steering wheel tilt lever.

Is there a sequence to get engine cover open or is it that I have a faulty lever/catch?

Great car BTW I am gonna enjoy driving it..

just behind the drivers seat there is another lever (like the one for the front boot) pull that and the engine cover should pop up. they can stick some times and the engine cover wont lift. if that happens have an assistant to lift the cover while you pull the release, then plenty of WD40 on the mechanism :thumbsup:

hope you enjoy your new car and welcome to the club :yahoo:

just behind the drivers seat there is another lever (like the one for the front boot) pull that and the engine cover should pop up. they can stick some times and the engine cover wont lift. if that happens have an assistant to lift the cover while you pull the release, then plenty of WD40 on the mechanism :thumbsup:

hope you enjoy your new car and welcome to the club :yahoo:

Thanks for that, I found the lever and cover opened just fine- just needed some daylight!

Allthougth I have another question, on the steering coloum under the steering wheel tilt lever there is a larger lever, I dont know what it does???

Attempting an oil and oil filter change tommorow, if I can find the filter that is ....