Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Poll (Not Run Flats)

Catweazle

As there are numerous posts relating to owners experiences with different tyres, it's about time we collated this information and came up with our top ten.

So, from your own personal experience, which tyre would you say is the best all-rounder for the RAV taking into consideration performance in dry, rain, snow & ice, road noise, wear and price?

Good question Catweazle :D I am looking to replace the runflats on T180 due to wear and tear...so interested in a suitable replacement for these too - prefer non runflat suggestions please!! :yes: Many thanks ;)

As there are numerous posts relating to owners experiences with different tyres, it's about time we collated this information and came up with our top ten.

So, from your own personal experience, which tyre would you say is the best all-rounder for the RAV taking into consideration performance in dry, rain, snow & ice, road noise, wear and price?

Should we have a poll? Haven't had one for a bit so might be fun. Have to get people to say which tyres they want to include first. Maybe how they score their replacement tyres against the originals as well? Haven't got a clue how to set one up - I think Hoovie did the last one.

From my point of view, include the Michelin Latitude Tour. I'm delighted with mine :thumbsup:

Should we have a poll? Haven't had one for a bit so might be fun. Have to get people to say which tyres they want to include first. Maybe how they score their replacement tyres against the originals as well? Haven't got a clue how to set one up - I think Hoovie did the last one.

From my point of view, include the Michelin Latitude Tour. I'm delighted with mine :thumbsup:

Just to put a cheapo perspective let me put a word in for the Nexens that I fitted in January to the 4.2. A bit strapped after Christmas I sought the advice of the very down to earth (that a pun?) indie in Moretonhampstead and he suggested trying them. £65 per corner and I have to say they are not doing badly in Dartmoor wet and (rare) dry and driving punters round farmland. Seem to be lasting OK. Not tried in snow but I lurved the price and have no reason to regret so far. Those of you with a budget, no spare tyre and a tyre fitter who wont scrape the gunk out to repair a flat could do a lot worse.

Street cred and posing? None. Soft kiss on the wallet? Oh yes.

fawlkens or however you spell....

Would that be the Falken LA/AT T-110 ?

I got a pair of these Falkens for our RAV4.1 10 weeks ago from blackcircles. They cost me a total of £154.26 fully fitted, which I thought was excellent value, considering the Bridgestone Duelers they replaced where over £100 each. The tread looks good enough to cope with all weathers, even snow.

I got a pair of these Falkens for our RAV4.1 10 weeks ago from blackcircles. They cost me a total of £154.26 fully fitted, which I thought was excellent value, considering the Bridgestone Duelers they replaced where over £100 each. The tread looks good enough to cope with all weathers, even snow.

Hi Ady

These are the tyres my independent tyre fitter has recommended. Before I splash out on 4, can you tell me what they are like in the wet and would you recommend them?

Good question Catweazle :D I am looking to replace the runflats on T180 due to wear and tear...so interested in a suitable replacement for these too - prefer non runflat suggestions please!! :yes: Many thanks ;)

Hi, I have just replaced the 4 Tyres on my Rav T180. I removed all 4 BSR and replaced the tyres with TOYO OPEN HIGHWAY 235/55/18. Excellent tyres offering a good tread pattern and levels of grip in rain and the dry. THey have made the Rav alot quieter and gives it a much more smoother ride. I purchased a spare wheel off eBay so carry that in the back when we venture far a field. I reccommend using http://www.tyreandgo.co.uk/ they were very fast with delivery which you can track and they were the cheapest around! Try them you will not regret it.

• 3 weeks later...

Falken's, Toyo's, Nexen's... but still no overall best all round tyre for the 4.2.

Can anyone else comment on which one to go for (or not go for) before I make a final decision?

I have the General Grabber UHP installed on my RAV4.2. I think they preform well in Wet, and they are M+S sertified, so they should handle in the snow as well... but I have some real snow tyres (since i live in Norway), so I haven't bothered trying.

All in all a great tyre. Don't know about the price though.

I liked the General Grabber UHPs as well. performed well and looked in keeping with the looks of the RAV4 - not too street and not too off-road.  worked well last winter as well (and the snow up here was from mid December through to early April!)

• 1 month later...

I'd certainly second that - quiet, good grip, very happy

:thumbsup:

I like the stock Yokohama Geolander HTs. Used them on all three of my RAVs now. Did not like the Duellers that Toyota used to fit as stock.

This will be the first time I've fitted winter tyres though and have just got a full set of Pirelli Scorpion Ice&Snow.

I second Greyracer in terms of the Yokohama Geolander, got me through the snow, wet and leaves last winter and still more than street legal (Minimum on all four tyres is 3.5mm) after 21k miles.

Gus

Hey Robert.

Did you have a photo of your good lady's RAV with those 4.3 wheels on?

Regards

Falken's, Toyo's, Nexen's... but still no overall best all round tyre for the 4.2.

Can anyone else comment on which one to go for (or not go for) before I make a final decision?

Have you tried the solid tyres??

Have you tried the solid tyres??

Which ones have you tried / recommend :rolleyes:

Whatever you do, get all round ones. Hexagonal ones give a really rough ride :D

Mike D

I'd certainly second that - quiet, good grip, very happy

:thumbsup:

Nice to see you about again Robert :thumbsup: How many miles have you got on the Michelins now? Are yours 235 wide?