Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Aygo Running Problem

SRsmithy

my wife has got a 2010 aygo 1.0vvti, we went to meadowhall in it 1 day and was doing around 70mph but on the way home started struggling to get 60mph out of it.

since then when i excellerate u sometimes feel it back off and struggle to go any faster.

took it o toyota and they couldnt find any problem with it.

can eny1 help with this issue

my wife has got a 2010 aygo 1.0vvti, we went to meadowhall in it 1 day and was doing around 90mph but on the way home started struggling to get 70mph out of it.

since then when i excellerate u sometimes feel it back off and struggle to go any faster.

You may just have damaged the engine on your wifes Aygo

Will you plead guilty when your speeding case comes before the Magistrates?? :rolleyes:

TOC cannot condone reports of excessive speed above the National Limit........Save that for the race track!

sorry red yaris typed this on my phone, so hit the wrong keys, just amended this.

i dont speed on the public highways, i lost my licence for this b4 so wont do it again :D

The Aygo should be capable of maintaining 70MPH without getting damaged.

If it can no longer attain 60MPH then there is something wrong. :eek:

Are you overevving it through the gears and making the rev limiter cut in causing the "backing off" that you describe?

The 1.0 litre 3 cylinder engine is capable of being revved quite high but does get a little raucous when revved high.

Maybe another visit to the dealer asking them to check the power output might be a good idea :thumbsup:

The 9 and the 7 on my phone has another digit between........I find it difficult to accept your explaination......maybe you should slow down........(with your typeing :lol: )

AGree with Red Yaris. However the wee 3 cylinder enginer is only a 1 litre, and sometimes going over steep hills it can be a struggle. Your post doesnt say if its on a flat road or going up a gradual gradient.

The Aygo can maintain a steady 70mph on a flat, but the other day it was quite windy with a front wind. I was struggling to maintain constant 70mph.

Hope you get it sorted.

it does it on flat roads mainly, u can feel the car pull up hills great, sometimes u can feel it die and maintain the speed,

the car was run in as instructed by toyota so yeah its done, since putting a k&n panel filter it doesnt seem to do it as much so could b the air flow meter but dont have the diagnostic equipment at work to check

Assuming the car is still under warranty I suggest you dump the K&N filter. Otherwise Mr T may discover you are using non OE parts and blame you. I know the filter really shoudn't make any diference but don't give them any excuses. Also remember some oil may have escaped from the filter.:)

because im in the motor trade they turn a blind eye to the mods i do which is nice,been out in it 2day and ran sweet as a nut so cant be anything serious or toyota would have found the prob, it was doing it b4 i fitted the filter but its made it better

because im in the motor trade they turn a blind eye to the mods i do which is nice,been out in it 2day and ran sweet as a nut so cant be anything serious or toyota would have found the prob, it was doing it b4 i fitted the filter but its made it better

Toyota will not "turn a blind eye" if the car needs attention under warranty!

You came on here asking for advice .............Now you have been given some!

Ditch the Non standard Mods if you intend to ask Toyota to do any warranty work.................Or is there really not a problem with the car? :rolleyes:

no need 4 the attitude, its been into toyota with the filter still in the airbox(its a panel filter) to find the problem, oh and i dont like the incinuation of me lying, :ffs: there is a problem, we have been going to the same dealer for over 10 years and my mother in law is friends with 1 of the managers there

no need 4 the attitude, its been into toyota with the filter still in the airbox(its a panel filter) to find the problem, oh and i dont like the incinuation of me lying, :ffs: there is a problem, we have been going to the same dealer for over 10 years and my mother in law is friends with 1 of the managers there

Easy Tiger!

No attitude, simply pointing out that you came on here,originally saying that you may have a problem with your wifes car after speeding:

SRsmithy, on 11 September 2010 - 08:38 PM, said:

my wife has got a 2010 aygo 1.0vvti, we went to meadowhall in it 1 day and was doing around 90mph but on the way home started struggling to get 70mph out of it.

You recieved several replies and decent advice regarding removal of Non-Toyota Modifications prior to requesting warranty repairs.

You chose to ignore that advice and state that "as you are in the motor trade" Toyota turn a blind Eye to your modifications.

I have pointed out that Toyota WILL NOT DO WARRANTY REPAIRS TO NON TOYOTA MODIFIED CARS

As to incinuating that you are lieing......certainly not!

I put it to you that you appear to have the attitude problem............You may have been going to the same dealer for 10 years and have relatives that are friends with one of the managers.........but it will not do you much good in getting warranty repairs done on a non approved modified car............TOYOTA runs a business.......not a charity! :rolleyes:

Please show some respect to all forum users.

I'm a bit puzzled here.....

Why do people go to a dealers having spent gawd knows how much time on the web and with magazines choosing a new car, negotiating with the dealer, agonizing over colours etc and then modify a perfectly good car that is still under warranty??

I can understand modifying a car that is 5 or more years old, by then it's not worth much, but to do a new car seems a bit silly to me, but then I'm an old fuddy-duddy so what do I know :)

the car is not modified, if it was a 57i then yes u could say its modified, i put the filter in to help the little engine breathe better and thats all, taken it out this morning and put the standard 1 back in

the car is not modified, if it was a 57i then yes u could say its modified, i put the filter in to help the little engine breathe better and thats all, taken it out this morning and put the standard 1 back in

Not a dig at you mate, just that various people seem to think they can do better than a multiple-million pound global manufacturer and it puzzles me :)