Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blue Dashboard Lights?

mogzy

Hi All

We've got a 2010 Rav on order - very excited, quite a change from my '04 Civic Type-R!

Now, my darling fiance has a penchant for blue interior dashboard lighting, and it transpires that this is pretty much the sole reason she would have bought a CR-V instead. Well, at least that crisis is averted - but I would be very interested if anyone can tell me how much of a job it would be to change the LED colour if it came to it?

Thanks!

Hi All

We've got a 2010 Rav on order - very excited, quite a change from my '04 Civic Type-R!

Now, my darling fiance has a penchant for blue interior dashboard lighting, and it transpires that this is pretty much the sole reason she would have bought a CR-V instead. Well, at least that crisis is averted - but I would be very interested if anyone can tell me how much of a job it would be to change the LED colour if it came to it?

Thanks!

Welcome to the club and congratulations on your forthcoming arrival. Not sure about changing the LED's - it may be easier to change the Fiancee :rolleyes:

Hi All

Thanks!

Welcome to the club and congratulations on your forthcoming arrival. Not sure about changing the LED's - it may be easier to change the Fiancee :rolleyes:

Hi mogzy, I changed mine (on an 02 plate )but it wasnt an easy job . You need plenty of nerve! especially for a mod on a 10 plate.If you go ahead and do it remember it is IRREVERSABLE AND CANNOT BE CHANGED! Proceed at your own risk.If you want you can look-up the post I had on "new led dials".here's a couple of pics. Remember, This is IRREVERSABLE.. if you mess it up its your problem, but then again,as the man said, it might be easier to change the Fiancee :blink: cheers . lets know how u get on

post-93418-128424621156_thumb.jpg

post-93418-128424623745_thumb.jpg

Hi All

Thanks!

Welcome to the mad house, how old is the Fiancee? + would you consider a part ex with cash adjustment, mines got a few miles on the clock + her big ends showing signs of wear but she is pretty reliable.. :lol: unfortunately like me she knows nothing about dash light bulbs..Anchorman might be able to help as he enjoys taking brand new cars to bits :eek: Stew

PS might be cheaper to get her some blue tinted sun glasses :yes:

Hi All

Thanks!

Hi Again Mogzy,

Have a look at this:LINK

It's a US Tundra but it is the sort of task you will be looking at :eek:

I think the blue tint glasses are a safer option ;)

Welcome to the club Mogzy and oh are you going to be pleased with that RAV.

I was going to say that I could see that that an instrument cluster could be done but you would have to be determined. Me and Lordy 1 tried to get into a 4.3 cluster to disable the TPWS warning light and frankly I bottled it through fear of busting it.

Now Dave has found somebody brave enough to do it on a Tundra but you can see all the switches would need doing to make it look right. My worry would be how you would go on with a warranty issue. I could see problems if for instance the AC control panel packed in and you had been in it they would reject the warranty even if it was nothing to do with you.

I agree the CRV interior look great at night but I think you should encourage wifey (to be) that she should see if she can get used to orange!!!

BTW if you don't post photos of this new RAV the boys will be round :thumbsup: