Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1998 Rav4 With Vvti Engine

MAX500X

I have a 1998 RAV which i want to fit a VVTI engine, has anyone done this or does anyone have an imported with one fitted, any help with my project would be great.

Many thanks in advance.

Max.

I think we've debated this before. The problem you will have is getting the transmission to marry up. Of course you can do just about anything if you put your mind to it but you will have to be pretty determined. I suppose a bit of a survey under each with a tape measure would be a good starting point but I might think about swapping the engine, box and transfer but be ready for quite a bit of fabricating and modifying.

A good 3FSE takes abit of beating for what benefit you might get :thumbsup:

I think we've debated this before. The problem you will have is getting the transmission to marry up. Of course you can do just about anything if you put your mind to it but you will have to be pretty determined. I suppose a bit of a survey under each with a tape measure would be a good starting point but I might think about swapping the engine, box and transfer but be ready for quite a bit of fabricating and modifying.

A good 3FSE takes abit of beating for what benefit you might get :thumbsup:

I have got the engine and transmission from Japan, the engine block and the transmission look the same so mounting it should not be a problem, i think the problems i am likley to get are from things like the Electics (although i have the engine harness & ECU), cooling system and exhaust, i was hopping to find someone with one from Japan as a grey import as i beleive this engine was fitted as an option in Japan.

have I not replied somewhere else on this?

I don't really see the benefit of sticking a vvti into a 3sfe engined RAV. Whats the bhp of the vvti??

Then compared to the 3sgte that I have in both my 1994 RAVs..... one running about 280hp and the other pushing closer to 400hp compared to the 127hp of the 3sfe... and both using all of the original transmission

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links