Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Ideas How To Modify The Rear Lights

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi Guys

Its true, the rear lights on my 2006 Corolla hatch are so boring to look at...i was going to change them to the Lexus style lights you get on eBay but my partner recons they look cheap and dont go with the colour of my car which is silver but looks like silver/gold! What do you guys think? Any ideas? I thought of maybe a chrome strip at the bottom of each lamp like how they have it on the new avensis upto 2008 i think but it would be hard to finish it off properly coz of the shape etc. I dont really want to tint them. I like the look of a white lamp to go with the headlights...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Sam

Not a fan of Lexus lights unless on a Lexus, could go like Marc TS's not a lover of that type either myself though, think they would look better with a bit of a tint.

Nice 1 MarcTs...those look the part and are quite unique...havent seen them before...but they would look nice on my silver rolla...they go with your black one perfect...anyone with any other ideas? Wouldnt consider tinting them either unless i can tint them the same colour as my car! Thanks guys

They are imports from Australia and they come with a silver backing or a black one (which I have). Pretty tough to source as well as it took me quite a while to track a set down that didn't cost almost £300 lol.

Well I of course disagree with you all, the Lex lights look very nice, especially on a silver Rolla, although Marc, yours do suit your car perfectly. thumbsup.gif

Come on, they look far better than the BOOORRIINNGGG originals toast.gif

DSCF0028.jpg

They are imports from Australia and they come with a silver backing or a black one (which I have). Pretty tough to source as well as it took me quite a while to track a set down that didn't cost almost £300 lol.

They seem to have car lights down in oz man i think another dude on here had some wicked angel eye head lights from oz too they were well nice!

Well I of course disagree with you all, the Lex lights look very nice, especially on a silver Rolla, although Marc, yours do suit your car perfectly. thumbsup.gif

Come on, they look far better than the BOOORRIINNGGG originals toast.gif

DSCF0028.jpg

Not for me, not a fan of the clear glass look :horse::lol:

As they say everyone has different taste.

I had lexus-lights on my pre-facelift when I bought it. The fitment was really poor, so that it gnawed off the paint where it touched the bodywork. Also the plastic to hold the bulb holders were so poor that it broke around every single bulb. Also, there was always moist inside the lamps, so I reckon there was a leak somewhere. I got so fed up with the lamps that I converted back to pre-facelift OEM lamps!

So now you're warned!

Sam, I had a silver/gold coloured corolla like yours, when I saw the lights Marc had fitted I was really impressed with them. But I could find any that were like his.

They are a lot better looking than the standard and the lexus style lights. They would look really good on a silver car are the black backing does suit it very well.

If you get chance to get hold of some then you should go for it, very unique!!

luke

HI Guys

Thanks for all the replies/comments/suggestions so far...i really was gonna go for some Autoart lexus style lights on eBay today but after reading about the problems you can have off the Autoart website re.condensation build up,damaging gaskets n seals,im thinking twice now.

How about some 3M thin chrome strips going around the rear headlights itself at the edging? Is this out-dated now? Has anyone done it successfully? Is is easy to do? Just a thought.

Sam

Well all i can say is Thicket must have purchased very cheap copies, i have had no such problems with mine, just proves one mans experience is his own.....thumbsup.gif

Well all i can say is Thicket must have purchased very cheap copies, i have had no such problems with mine, just proves one mans experience is his own.....thumbsup.gif

Hi LAA69...your right just sheer bad luck for him...can happen...i might just hold back on the idea...only had my car less than a month...let me get really bored and im sure i'll think of summat lol! Might even take em off and spray em the same colour as the car...joking! Thanks anyway!

Sam

Those JDM runx tail lights look really nice. I had a look on the net but cant seem to fine anywhere to buy them, just to get an idea of pricing

well i much prefer the origional to lexus lights, love marcs lights though, hope he dont take offence but ild call them black lexus lights and some cars can still pull them off but for most cars lexus lights are just tacky.

this is what i did with mine, something very simple but effective, not a great pic though sorry

IMAG0032-1.jpg

Yah i have done that too.

Simple to do but makes the lights something different.

Do you have them wired up so the fog lights are on a diff circuit?

andy how did you wire yours up? my facelift lights can accomodate a bulb on the passenger side light but that will give me two rear fog lights. I dont want the fogs on i want both sides to just light up with the sidelight.

simple enough lad, you have to take out the passenger tail light first and drill a hole in it as the bulb holder allows for an extra bulb but the tail light doesnt.

throw in your 5w bulb and then switch the bulb on the driver side for a 5w.

just take a feed from the origional tails over.

the only problem is iav no fogs.........

have the NCT in 2 months so have to wire them back up for it.

one of the lads here is after doing both tails and fogs

and another did tails and stops so might be worth the little extra effort.

mine was just a quick job to see what it would be like......and i loved B)

oh by the way you were on about it being 2 fogs lights, theres no power going to the passenger side at the minute, thats just designed for fogs on left hand drive cars :thumbsup:

ah i see so any ideas as to which wires i should tap to get connection on the left side. or even a simple diy would be good, I want to just add two extra tail lights with the ability to go back to a single fog when needed.

same as iav done so, well wouldnt have the foggiest now lad (excuse the pun) as it was 2 years back and it was my mate who wired it up for me, i just helped, haha

can have a look and take some pics tomorrow if you want ?

Those JDM runx tail lights look really nice. I had a look on the net but cant seem to fine anywhere to buy them, just to get an idea of pricing

i got mine secondhand on nengun.com yahoo auctions some good prices there. or you can order from toyota if i can find the partnumbers. note that these lights fit the prefacelift wiring. the facelift like mine had to be modified to fit.

I will do a little how to on wiring up the lights so you can have sidelights and fog lights in the same lamp but are activated seperatly