Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Foam Under Front Wings..?

richard.c

Hi,

Does anyone know what these foam pieces are for ? - one under each front wing.

Have not pulled them out fully.

Thought they might be to stop panel vibration etc ? - though they seem to be holding muck and damp, but no signs of rust.

post-39036-128439807424_thumb.jpg

Those pieces of foam are sometimes used when replacement body panels are fitted following accident damage.

They help prevent the replacement panels from chaffeing

Not saying that your car has been crash damaged asnot sure if they are also used in first production

Question is......Why has Gaz's car not got them? ;)

Tbh i don't recall seeing them under the bonnet of any Corolla at meets!

Question is......Why has Gaz's car not got them? ;)

Extreme weight saving for santa pod ;) These apexi powered cars need all the help they can get!

Oh and our CTS has those foam pads and was never crash damaged.

2010503.jpg

KP are you painting the abs lines and aircon thing! good idea i hate mine being like a green! the prefacelift aircon pipe is black as standard! it ruins the look of my engine bay LOL

Cheers, yeh the lines look horrible so we are painting them in Hammerite Satin Black. Just gotta recoat it and do that last few bits. The Intake Manofold is next and will be done in Matte Black. B)

Cheers, yeh the lines look horrible so we are painting them in Hammerite Satin Black. Just gotta recoat it and do that last few bits. The Intake Manofold is next and will be done in Matte Black. B)

Send me pics young man when your done! im interested in doing the same, Are you going to use spray on the inlet manifold? I was going to go the powder coat route but theres no benefit other than it will hold out maybe better but a high temp paint would be good and alot cheaper.

Yeh I am spraying it in 800 degree Very high Temperature Paint. Same as what's on my GTi Exhaust Manifold.

I will just mask off the engine bay with newspaper and spray the mani in situe. ;)

I'll get pictures but I need to focus on the H22A swap at the moment. Other wise my GTi can't go anywhere.

They are for sound deadening apparently. Something to do with airflow through the engine bay. I took mine out cos they hold water.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links