Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lexus Ct200H Co2 Confirmed As Under 100G

wooski

Toyot'a 3rd car to be based on the Prius drive train, the Lexus CT200h, has been confirmed to have a CO2 rating of 96g in UK spec. The drive train looks identical, from 3 drive modes to power output (134hp). However the Lexus will have a fully independent rear suspension and more luxurious caban. But it will be smaller than the Prius and less aerodynamic - 0.28 compared to 0.25.

And it looks ghastly, inside and out.

I agree. Looks like a smoothed out version of a 1990's Nissan Sunny.

Good luck to the prunes who'll pay nearly £30k for it.

Never 'got' Lexus as a brand. It's just a rebadged Toyota with £10k stuck on the price and the CT200h proves this.

I agree that the rear 3/4 view looks very dodgy in pics. But then I still think its main competitor the BMW 1 series wasn't graced with the pretty stick either and look how popular those are.

As for Lexus itself, well it is still the no 1 luxury brand in the US. Outsells both Mercedes and BMW, something alot of Europeans cant get over but is true. From Toyota's perspective its a way of levering more out of their technology investments and trialling new toys - alot of the higher end technology in the Prius was first on Lexus models.

I think the CT will cream off alot of Prius T Spirit sales in the South East to those people just can't live with the Prius interior and want better handling and a more upmarket Badge on the bonnet.

I think the CT will cream off alot of Prius T Spirit sales in the South East to those people just can't live with the Prius interior...

If they can't live with the Prius interior, God alone knows how they'll be able to live with the Lexus's. It's a complete mess from top to bottom.

• Like 1

I think the CT will cream off alot of Prius T Spirit sales in the South East to those people just can't live with the Prius interior...

If they can't live with the Prius interior, God alone knows how they'll be able to live with the Lexus's. It's a complete mess from top to bottom.

What's wrong with the CT 200h's interior? :unsure:

59898-i-lex-.jpg

I love the CT200, seriously considered getting one myself besides my wives Prius...And yes I do live in the South East yawn.gif

I wouldn't say it's a complete mess. It might be a bit 'busy', though! In any case, I suspect Seamaster was referring to the quality of the materials of the interior, in which case I would have to agree. For a £20k+ car, the materials used in the Prius' dash are shocking! Had the CT200 been available I might well have been swayed, also, depending on the boot-size and rear leg-room etc. Having moved from a Lexus to a Prius, (sorry, I do get Lexus as a brand :unsure: ) I do miss the little extras and the overall higher quality of build and materials. :( However, I still love my Prius and am not sure it would be worth my while to trade it in for a CT200...