Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ecu

silver surfer

I have picked up a Mine's ECU for my Levin Ae101. Would i be correct in assuming that

i cannot simply plug it in and expect the car to run properly. Do i need to Re-map the engine, using a dyno thingyy machine (cannot remeber the name of it)

And who is the best firm to carry out this job.

Any comments would be appreciated. :D

Are Mines ecu custom mappable?(is that a real word? :lol: )If yes then do you have the laptop cable for it(they can be pricey). Even if it is you may have problems finding a person to install it as its an unfamiliar Jap chip...put simply it has a lack of support in the UK.

Good luck anyways. :thumbsup:

Mines ECU's are generally a re-programmed standard ECU's, so it should be plug and play as it'll be for your vehicle, or should be. They are not a standalone ECU, and are not re-programmable unless it is by Mines.

It should be fine to plug in and start up. My mate had one on his pulsar SR16VE and it worked a peach. For the levin, leave the running for bout 5mins before testing it out as the air/fuel mix might be different so get used to the diffderent sound of the intake and make sure the temp gauges are workin fine.

Can i ask where you got it? Mine's directly?

Remember to take the ground off the Battery before installing it. Be a waist to blow it plugging it in.

Expect the car to idle funny at first and the first couple shifts of the trany to feel wierd.

But after 10 or 15 minutes and a couple shifts all should be fine.

Thanks for the info, i would have forgot about disconnecting the Battery, my friend has also confirmed that as the ecu is a complete unit designed specially for my car i can just plug and play.

Sorry forgot to say that i purchased it on eBay for £160, very cheap, i brought it from the guy who is still trying to sell his Levin AE101, i dont think he have much luck as he has foolishly stuck on a bigger spoiler and it looks awful.