Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Does Anyone Know About This?

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi

I cant find the thread now from the Avensis forums that i participated in a few months back now...i've searched n searched and just cant locate it...but it was something about setting your heater dials to off and setting your temp dials to cold...and you'll notice within minutes the engine warms up ie temp guage goes up alot quicker therefore saving you fuel as the engine warms up quicker...i tried it then when i had the avensis and it truly and amazingly actually worked...

Now that i have the 2006 Corolla hatch 1.6...im wondering if it would it still work...problem is i have those digital controls rather than the control type knobs you get...Has anyone tried it or even heard of it???

I'll keep on hunting for that original thread.

Sammy

In theory the motor will warm up quicker with the climate control set to cold as this will mean that cold air is directed from outside the vehicle and not directed over the rad and from the motor. So this should work on any car. I know that an old trick with an overheating motor used to be to turn the rad up to full heat - however not sure how effective this was.

The idea is that by setting the temperature on the heaters to zero, the water that would have been directed throught to the cabin for the heater matrix is left to the engine to use on heating itself up.

I am unaware of this methods effectiveness though.

Thanks for those scientific responses...interesting reading indeed...conclusion readers...set everything to zero and your engine will warm up that much quicker which results in less fuel consumption...simple and effective...lets put it to the test...

i think this is a bit anal to try save fuel like this. concentrate on driving and the car, i.e. changing gear at appropriate revs, type and inflation of tyres, keep the car regularly serviced with the correct oil etc etc.

according to top gear or fifth gear (forgot which) driving with window down increase consumption a lot due to the extra drag the car encounters..

if you push the car that will save you even more fuel, and keep you warm at the same time :thumbsup:

Okay Guys...we get the message...kinda impressed the avensis crowds anyway lol!

Okay Guys...we get the message...kinda impressed the avensis crowds anyway lol!

No need to get like that with us, you asked for help and an explanation. You got that in excess! Others complain they don't get enough help.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't I guess...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links